Thread: Ideas

Default Ideas

I dont know where that ideas thread or forum is gone but can you make it so that anyone with neg rep can not start new threads? That way if there are no mods on while people spam the boards, any member will be able to stop them? Just an idea after reading 15 posts about how to make money posting links or something!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

An interesting thought Canada, I'll take to the Board Leadership. Possibly setting a 25 post minimum before one can start a new thread will help deter thread spamming, although it that wouldn't keep them from post spamming.

Thanks for your input. :)

Good idea. I will look into it.

Maybe just a longer cool down period between posts for newer users...rather than the 30 seconds or whatever between posts, a new user would be limited to 1 every 10 minutes...

Or negative rep user...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Maybe just a longer cool down period between posts for newer users...rather than the 30 seconds or whatever between posts, a new user would be limited to 1 every 10 minutes...

Or negative rep user...

I like where your headed with this, but 10 minutes might also discourage legitimate users as well. Perhaps maybe 2-3 minutes.

If new users can't make new threads how are they going to make threads to inttroduce themselves? Maybe coach can make it so that the first PM they get explains how to do everything and saying what thread to post in to introduce themselves. (BTW I know that coach already automatically sends new memers a PM but maybe it would be good to ad "the sygestion above" to it)!