Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yzilla's take on todays Training camp

Default Yzilla's take on todays Training camp

I was on the defensive side of the field and I watched Tank today ( saturday )He looked good . I even thought TJ looked good for not really know the plays yet. Pollard hit like a ton of bricks a few times today and was a very vocal leader on defense.I thought Cassel looked pretty bad today considering hes the one with the huge salary. Thigpen looked way better , Croyle and the new guy( forget his name ) looked pretty damn sharp also. Cassel threw quite a few picks considering it was usually # 2 defense up against him. Haily Chewed some *** today . DBowe was not "the show today " Jackie Battle is friggen busting his butt and is a beast " Savage and Jamal had some very nice runs today ( very nice ) but Jamal is still letting the ball hit the ground , fumbles are still a concern with him I think. When hes got some holes he is simply amazing. Our kicker did miss the first kick from a pretty short distance which was weird but was clutch the rest of the practice. That 58 yarder could have been 68 or maybe more . He was almost hitting the camera guy way up on the scissorlift his kicks were so high and far . He was bouncing then off the lift which was very high in the air.Flowers and Carr looked great today ! Pollard really impressed me ! Tamba did look pretty good but it still seems like hes almost at the QB and is just always out of position for the sack. Dorsey looked good today and was in on alot of the run stops. All in all Our defense had alot of fire to them and the offense seemed to still have alot of kinks to work out. Alot of menta errros on the offense ( not the line ) Runningbacks.Wide Recievers and QB's . Croyle kind makes me nervous he really hangs in the pocket along time. Dont get me wrong he had some nice passes, but when the game is for real I think he might be on the injured list . Hes just not as nimble as Cassel or Thiggy. Thiggy by the way was fun to watch today . He had some very nice throws and some very nice runs today ! I hope this helps a little! Feel free to ask me questions. Ill try and answer them to the best of my abilites. There was so much going on today I felt like I had A.D.D. I couldnt concentrate on everyone on the team . LOL

PS : Barry Richardson Looks like a friggen animal. He has lost alot of weight and is very nimble .I would definately wager we will be seeing lots of him on the Oline this season. The Time allowed for autographs seemed too short ( only 20 minutes ) I got LJ's on two of the 8x10 photos I had and I got Matt Cassel on another 8x10 . I had to autograph footballs which my 9 year old had almost filled on one and I have a couple on the other ( room for more next year ). I am very excited about this years team and I think once we get the kinks worked out we will be a very fun team to watch this year . My final words ..... Don't count Thiggy out . If Cassel falters hewill be there and he will be ready. He looks like he is ready to go !

Its Training Camp, the beggining none to less. When game time comes, I am sure Cassel will be looking more polished.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Let's hope that Cassel was just having a bad day. It's good to know that the other QBs where on top of their game.

huge thanks YZ for the insight!! rep

Lets go Barry

Great insight Y, thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    huge thanks YZ for the insight!! rep

Yep!

thanks TS I didnt even notice the camera guys ! Im famous ! LOL I really had a blast . I could have watched the practice all day. Now that its moving back to missouri , its gonna be tougher to get close up to the players. tougher to get autographs also. I believe that alot more people will be attending the camp now that its so close to KC .I think River Falls is good because it gets the players away from everyday life that can be a distraction at times . One thing that is cool , I parked about 3 cars away from LJ's Range Rover and when leaving he actually followed me out of the stadium. As he was walking to his car a crowd tried attacking him for autographs , but he shot them down. I really dont blame him because he signed alot during the autograph session. Also it was a fans fault if they didnt get his because he was very available today . The crowds were nuts arround Cassel and Tyson Jackson who for some reason were next to each other.I never did get to TJ . J was very cool to the fans he picked up a little girl and put her on his shoulder and was talking to her and was very, very happy ! I got 3 autographs from him today. so if someone didnt get one they either showed up late or didnt go near him. Man I had a blast. I felt like a kid at Disney World my eyes all wide . It was my Disney World for sure !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast