Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs and Jackson Reach Agreement

Default Chiefs and Jackson Reach Agreement

Breaking news: The Chiefs have reached some sort of agreement with Tyson Jackson. Of course, this is all acording the National Football Post. No details or specifics are yet released. Stay Tuned!

Breaking: Chiefs, Jackson reach agreement | National Football Post

Can't wait to see Jackson in the first pre-season game.

Here is a link. Sources: Chiefs Sign Tyson Jackson - Sports News Story - KMBC Kansas City

Not officail yet, but I am sure it probably is a done deal.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

awesome!!!!!!I hope this is true. Get to work TJ!

Crabtree didn't say that, either his cousin or advisor did. They talked to Crabtree and he said "he doesn't know where this came from"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefan View Post
    Crabtree didn't say that, either his cousin or advisor did. They talked to Crabtree and he said "he doesn't know where this came from"
    A representative of his did say it. If you are not on the same page as your agent, then why would you want him to work for you? Him firing his agent would have spoke volumes as to his denying this.
    from PFT: Multiple sources say Parker threatened year-long holdout
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2009 8:37 PM ET
    I'll admit that I got a little pissy earlier today regarding the proliferation of reports that accepted at face value the denials from the 49ers that agent Eugene Parker threatened the team that receiver Michael Crabtree will sit out the entire 2009 season if the Niners don't cave in to Parker's demands.

But I'm not sorry for how I responded. I'm sorry for putting myself in position that I had to respond the way I had to respond. (Hey, Antonio Pierce should sell that one to Hallmark. Unless and until he does, it's fair game.)

And given the lingering confusion on this issue, let me be clear. Three sources have now said that Parker made the threat.

One source says that Parker specifically tied a season-long holdout to a contract that exceeds the package that the Raiders gave to Darrius Heyward-Bey with the seventh overall pick in round one.

It previously was believed that Parker was looking for a top-five deal. Apparently, he is aiming two spots lower.

If he'll move only three more spots lower, maybe Crabtree can get to work and prove that he's worth his contract, and more.

Regardless, the threat was made. It would be beyond stupid for Parker to follow through on it, but the threat was made.

Now, if any of you keep sending me links to reports to the contrary, I'm gonna turn this car around and drive home.

Back on topic, Jackson officially signed his contract today. He'll make $57 million over 5 years, $31 million guaranteed, and will start practicing on Monday.

Clayton: Jackson deal is being finalized - AFC West - ESPN

Note this works out to 11.4 a year, and Jared Allen makes 12 a year... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't crying a little bit inside.
    Last edited by yashi; 08-07-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Back on topic, Jackson officially signed his contract today. He'll make $57 million over 5 years, $31 million guaranteed, and will start practicing on Monday.

Clayton: Jackson deal is being finalized - AFC West - ESPN

Note this works out to 11.4 a year, and Jared Allen makes 12 a year... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't crying a little bit inside.
    You can blame inflated rookie contracts and an absurd scaling practice for 1st round draft picks.

Seriously I don't blame the agents/player or the front office as much as I blame the NFLs absurd policy in allowing this too happen. There are more deserving players worth the money then a wet behind the ears rookie.

This is why I hate having a high draft pick outside of mocks; the price tag always comes back to bite you in the ***.

If you look at all of the rookies not in camp, that alone should be enough to let Goodell know to implement a rookie salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    You can blame inflated rookie contracts and an absurd scaling practice for 1st round draft picks.

Seriously I don't blame the agents/player or the front office as much as I blame the NFLs absurd policy in allowing this too happen. There are more deserving players worth the money then a wet behind the ears rookie.

This is why I hate having a high draft pick outside of mocks; the price tag always comes back to bite you in the ***.
    Agreed. I'm sure if Pioli could've traded out of this pick, he would had jumped on it. But its part of the price you pay for fixing somebody elses screw-ups. I don't think we'll have to worry about picking this high again in the forseeable future.
    That being said, I think Jackson will be a stud for us and I'm glad he's signed and in camp.
    SHUT IT

So how much short of the minimum salary cap number are we now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12