Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Dorsey!

Default Trade Dorsey!

Ok, so I know I'm going to catch a lot of heat for this on here, but what the heck, its good to stir up the old pot now and again.

I think the Chiefs need to trade Glen Dorsey immediately!
    I say this for a these reasons:

1. He has shown no determination, dedication, or desire to get his sappy @ss in shape, and is going to be beaten out my McGee.

2. If we wait one more year, Dorseys value will be extremely low and we would have just lost out on millions.

3. There are plenty of 4-3 teams that are interested in Dorsey, and right now, he is not fitting our need as a 3-4 DE.

4. I do not think Dorsey can stay healthy enough to be solid and reliable in our 3-4.

I am not willing to write off Dorsey as a bust yet, but he is convincing me more and more everyday that he might just be one. I mean he did well in his first year IMO, but for the money he is getting he needs to get his @ss in shape, and be out on that practice field showing the rooks how to do it, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Ok, so I know I'm going to catch a lot of heat for this on here, but what the heck, its good to stir up the old pot now and again.

I think the Chiefs need to trade Glen Dorsey immediately!
    I say this for a these reasons:

1. He has shown no determination, dedication, or desire to get his sappy @ss in shape, and is going to be beaten out my McGee.

2. If we wait one more year, Dorseys value will be extremely low and we would have just lost out on millions.

3. There are plenty of 4-3 teams that are interested in Dorsey, and right now, he is not fitting our need as a 3-4 DE.

4. I do not think Dorsey can stay healthy enough to be solid and reliable in our 3-4.

I am not willing to write off Dorsey as a bust yet, but he is convincing me more and more everyday that he might just be one. I mean he did well in his first year IMO, but for the money he is getting he needs to get his @ss in shape, and be out on that practice field showing the rooks how to do it, not the other way around.
    There is no way for the Chiefs to trade Dorsey in 2009 because of the massive, massive cap hit. If the 2010 season is uncapped, I think we unload him then.

echoes here....the cap hit would not even be worth what we would get in return for Dorsey...a 1st rounder? maybe...a second rounder probably...plus like 10 million in cap hit for us (if he is traded this season)...thats not worth it...If they wanted to trade him, they would have done so already...

wow... why hasn't anyone had this idea before?!!

Yes, the cap hit is way to much for us to trade him. If we were going to trade him anyways, we would wait until week 6.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    If his health is an issue, can't they just put him on injured reserve and let him heal then when he can go bring him in and let him play just enough to show he can get it done and then unload him next year when the cap is not an issue.
    IR means he can't play the rest of the season... maybe you're thinking of the PUP list?

I agree with you Vanilla, he just doesn't fit the Chiefs org. I was pissed when they picked him to begin with.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I agree with you Vanilla, he just doesn't fit the Chiefs org. I was pissed when they picked him to begin with.
    Another wonderful, mind-numbing pick from the legacy that was (I won't say it).
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Another wonderful, mind-numbing pick from the legacy that was (I won't say it).
    Talking about Peterson?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Talking about Peterson?
    I hate that word. He trashed our team.
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast