Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More info on LJ.

Default More info on LJ.

Aug. 12, 2007) -- Based on contact talks in recent days, the Kansas City Chiefs and running back Larry Johnson are bridging their differences and getting closer to a long-term contract extension.
    The two sides have engaged in serious contract talks in recent days, making considerable progress as recently as Aug. 11, and further talks will take place in the coming days aimed at ending Johnson's holdout.
    But the tone between the two sides is markedly different than it was a month ago, before training camp kicked off. Both sides have become more realistic in their demands, both recognize how important it is to get a deal done before the season, and both sides think they can put aside their differences and strike a deal.
    It is the first time in a long time that there's a reason to be optimistic. However, it also should be noted that negotiations are at a critical stage, where contract talks could result in a final breakthrough or a signifcant setback.
    Working to the advantage of both sides is the track record of Chiefs president Carl Peterson. When deals are getting close, Peterson has a history of getting them done. Both sides are hoping the same will happen now, with the Chiefs getting back the running back they need and Johnson landing the long-term contract he has craved.
    Johnson has been a holdout at training camp as he seeks an extension to the seven-year contract he signed in 2003, a deal in which the final two years can be voided after the final game of the 2007 season because of playing time incentives. Johnson is scheduled to earn $1.7 million this season, and is being fined more than $14,000 for every day he misses.
    The 27-year-old Johnson rushed for 1,789 yards and 17 touchdowns on an NFL record 416 carries in 2006.
    Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.

Got this from NFL.com
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

According to ESPN.com, the two sides are $6 million apart on guaranteed money. They predicted it will happen in the next 6-10 days. My fingers are crossed.

I think LJ doesnt want to play in the preseason anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KC-Krazo View Post
    I think LJ doesnt want to play in the preseason anyway.
    usually when that happens, the player is hurt by mid-season.

Yup i agree.I just hope thats not the case

Don't say that...my big $$ fantasy league is built around LJ...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    According to ESPN.com, the two sides are $6 million apart on guaranteed money. They predicted it will happen in the next 6-10 days. My fingers are crossed.

That actually is outstanding news considering that just twenty-four hours earlier they were as much as 14 million apart in guaranteed money. I am very optimistic now about this situation now.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Don't say that...my big $$ fantasy league is built around LJ...
    Nobody wants that to happen, it just seems like karma.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    usually when that happens, the player is hurt by mid-season.
    LT doesn't even play pre-season games and you can see what his numbers are.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

If our O-line doesn't start clicking everyone will be hurt by week 8. Even the Ref when he gets drilled my a blitzing LB. We can't stop a Girl Scout right now from getting pressure.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast