Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crabtree- are you serious?

Default Crabtree- are you serious?

"Adviser" confirms that Crabtree is prepared to sit | ProFootballTalk.com
    Some of Parker's clients include:

* Hines Ward (Super Bowl XL MVP and four-time Pro Bowler)
    * Richard Seymour (4 time All Pro)
    * Walter Jones (5 time All Pro)
    * Emmitt Smith (NFL all time leading rusher)
    * Larry Fitzgerald (All Pro)
    * Derrick Brooks (9 time All Pro)
    * Rod Woodson (11 time All Pro)
    * Aeneas Williams (8 time All Pro)
    * Rex Grossman (Super Bowl QB)
    * Devin Hester (NFL record holder, All Pro)
    * Cedric Benson (Super Bowl running back)
    * Curtis Martin (5 time All Pro)
    * Laveranues Coles (All Pro receiver)
    * Jason Peters (All Pro left tackle)
    * James Hardy (Bills 2008 2nd Round Draft Pick)
    * Greg Jennings (Green Bay Packers, 2006 2nd Round Draft Pick]
    * Felix Jones (Cowboys 2008 1st Round Draft Pick]
    * Tashard Choice (Cowboys 2008 3rd Round Draft Pick)
    * Steven Jackson (St. Louis Rams star running back)
    * Tyson Jackson (Kansas City Chiefs 2009 1st Round Draft Pick)
    * Michael Crabtree (San Francisco 49ers 2009 1st Round Draft Pick)
    I sure hope this does not drag out. Please install rookie pay scale here......

He was the top rated wr in this years draft, i dont blame him for wanting Darrius's salary. But with that said, these rookies are too overpaid as it is.

the guy/and his agent are trying to up end the slot system as it is. Year in and year out we have to endure some poor rookie who wants to be "showed the money". Arrggh! what ever happened to the concept of earning it? I'm sorry he broke his ankle. things happen. Yes, your career could abruptly end in this game. Nobody is making them play. They have a gift, a talent. to say "here I am, now pay me millions of dollars up front" is, to me, ridiculous. Not to mention that this is probably part of the reason Tyson has not signed yet. I hear that KC is waiting on the Curry deal and Curry is waiting on the Jackson deal.....round and round we go. Excuse the rant...

I think we all agree that rookie salaries are way out of control. IMO all draft choicees should be signed to a 2 year contract. All 1st round picks at a certain $ amount, 2nd , 3rd. The lower the round picked the less money. It would still hurt a team that picked a high draft choice that was a bust, but it would't cripple them for 5, 6 or seven years. It would also free up money to reward the players who have already proven themselves.
    There has to be a better mouse trap than the one we are using now. And the best part, there wouldn't be any need for sports agents.

A 49er fan at work was telling me about this a couple hours ago as I was leaving. Maybe I misunderstood him, but it seemed like he said it was not right for Crabtree to expect so much money already but then said he doesn't understand why they won't give him what he wants. That seems pretty contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    A 49er fan at work was telling me about this a couple hours ago as I was leaving. Maybe I misunderstood him, but it seemed like he said it was not right for Crabtree to expect so much money already but then said he doesn't understand why they won't give him what he wants. That seems pretty contradictory.
    It sounds like a contradiction to me, but face it, a 49ers fan is a contradiction to begin with.

Anyway, I think next year this whole thing changes, I cannot remember the details exactly, but I remember it being one of the big reasons so many teams were trying to trade down in this year's draft. No one wanted to have to pay these guys big money knowing next years players were going to come cheaper.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Crabtree is not just holding out for more cash, if he don't get what he wants he is saying he will sit out the 09 season and enter the draft next year so he can get a different team to pick him up. At the draft the media acted like the niners were the team Crabtree was hoping to get drafted by. Something stinks about that entire ordeal.
    I remember reading somewhere he did not want to be drafted by the Raiders. oops! or maybe the Raiders did not want him who knows? Yakuza Rich Dallas Cowboys Blog: 2009 NFL Draft Grades Oakland Raiders ( F )

I hate to say this because I appreciate what Al Davis has done for the league and the game of football, but this draft was downright embarrassing to watch. Okay, Michael Crabtree doesn't want to play for you, but going after Darrius Hayward-Bey is just beyond absurd. And I feel for DHB because it's not his fault that he got drafted there, but I wonder what happens if Al Davis is really senile and can no longer operate the organization in a professional manner. Then the Michael Mitchell pick was a bigger joke. Even if Mitchell turns out to be a Hall of Famer, they could have waited and waited and waited and still made the pick.

Anytime you hear fans say that Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder or Mike Brown are the worst owners in the NFL, promptly stooge slap them and show them the actions of Al Davis over the past five years.

I think the guy sorta made his own bed........

is this the second coming of T.O.

Perhaps, no doubt the guy has some talent. He could have stayed in school-had two years to go.

i think that we pay athletes too much anyways...and celebs too..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast