Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Defensive line

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    132
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default Defensive line


    0 Not allowed!
    I wonder?

    I have got to be happy with the new powers that be.
    We don't have the personal to do what we are trying.It seems everyone is out of position.

    I bring it up every time i post about our d-line. How can you invest as often as we do and still have this agony.

    Hope i don't sound to negative.

    It's going to take time and i'm thinking it's going to be a long year.

    Why?

    Dorsey and McGee quick explosive guys for a true 4-3.

    Hali/Study/McBride(is he going to make the squad i think he was a 2nd not long ago)

    I am sounding negative.

    Sorry.

    Tyson Jackson for the $$$$.

    I 'll get back to you all soon.

    I want it now that's all.

    Hope we find something in this mix.

    Still believe Hali and Dorsey are the keys to the defense.

    No...............DT here eh?

    Clancy will stay up late this year without a call from anyone!!

    I am so happy tonight.

    I started to wonder if DT would ever get it.


    Praise God.

    Our #58.

    Is in.

    Did'nt mean to sound so negative.

    P.S.

    The reciever are dropping everything at camp.
    Haley's pressure is felt.


    GO CHIEFS!!!!

    Did anyone cry with Marty?

    i did!!!

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Give me credit. This isn't hindsight. I never said a kind word about the Dorsey pick.

    And I wasn't trying to run down Richardson. I agree that he's been exactly what you expect from a 6th rounder. My point is that of the twelve picks, three look good, two are big question marks (Charles and Cottam), three seem wasted (Richardson, Dorsey, and Morgan) and the other four have been cut. How is that a great draft?



    Fair enough. But I'll believe he can be healthy only if see him suit up at least 10 games next season as a starter.



    The legitimate coach excuse only goes so far. And we have the exact same DL coach in 2009 as we did in 2008. When Tank and if Dorsey stinks again, should that be enough of an excuse?



    Charles rushed 67 times and caught 27 passes the entire year. That's about about 5.5 touches per game. That isn't enough for him the be the man. It's barely enough to say he has promise as a 3rd down RB.



    One, Calvin Johnson never looked like a bust at WR. Second, Peyton Manning broke all rookie passing records his first season. Third, Williams didn't have the best rookie year, but his DL didn't finish 28th against the run or last in NFL history in sacks. Fourth, Seymour was a starting DT on a SB team's DL. None of these guys hit their highs as rookies, but none even came close to Dorsey's lows.

    Sometimes you can tell about a player by his rookie year. You could about Ryan Leaf, Cade McNown, and Tim Couch. Abouy Ryan Sims and Junior Siavii. About every overpaid player who obviously doesn't have the heart, skills, or health to be a NFL starter.
    Comparing Dorsey to Leaf, Couch, Sims and Siavvi is pretty ridiculous. Dorsey has played 1 year.

    I dont know what you want Cottam to be either, J. Cottam wasn't drafted to catch 90 balls. He was drafted because he is a big physical TE who can block. He showed the ability to catch last year when he was actually thrown to and he was much more of an impact on offense than you think. He was the real TE alot last year. Tony was playing out of the slot more than on the line. Cottam came up big as an extra blocker.

    Cottam should be just what Haley wants. Watch.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Comparing Dorsey to Leaf, Couch, Sims and Siavvi is pretty ridiculous. Dorsey has played 1 year.
    My point wasn't that Dorsey was equivalent to those guys. My point was that you can sometimes judge a guy based on his rookie year. Time will obviously tell about Dorsey.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I dont know what you want Cottam to be either, J. Cottam wasn't drafted to catch 90 balls. He was drafted because he is a big physical TE who can block. He showed the ability to catch last year when he was actually thrown to and he was much more of an impact on offense than you think. He was the real TE alot last year. Tony was playing out of the slot more than on the line. Cottam came up big as an extra blocker.

    Cottam should be just what Haley wants. Watch.
    That's fair. You are mistaken about one thing - Cottam was drafted to be a receiving TE in the mold of Tony G. But my question about Cottam isn't his receiving or blocking value. It's his longevity. I think he has every measurable in the world except the ability to stay healthy. I think he and Brodie Croyle are HOF flag football players, but not in a sport where people get hit.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 129

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    And I wasn't trying to run down Richardson. I agree that he's been exactly what you expect from a 6th rounder. My point is that of the twelve picks, three look good, two are big question marks (Charles and Cottam), three seem wasted (Richardson, Dorsey, and Morgan) and the other four have been cut. How is that a great draft?
    I dont think you can consider a 6th round pick wasted if he fills the role of a serviceable backup. What do you expect of a 6th rounder, to be starting and making the pro bowl every year. Something like only 1/3rd of people picked after the 3rd round are on a roster 3 years out. So to be on the roster as a 6th round pick is at least a draw (if not a win).

    Also, to have 3 "good" players out of a draft is generally considered pretty good.

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I dont think you can consider a 6th round pick wasted if he fills the role of a serviceable backup. What do you expect of a 6th rounder, to be starting and making the pro bowl every year. Something like only 1/3rd of people picked after the 3rd round are on a roster 3 years out. So to be on the roster as a 6th round pick is at least a draw (if not a win).

    Also, to have 3 "good" players out of a draft is generally considered pretty good.
    Except Richardson isn't a serviceable backup. Most 6th rounders aren't. He should have been camp fodder. He only has a job for lack of warm bodies.

    Three good players out of seven (typical draft) is pretty good (still not great, like people pretend the 2008 draft was). Three out of twelve is much less so. Especially when we lost JA to pick up those draft picks. I'd trade that entire 2008 draft class to have JA back.

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Except Richardson isn't a serviceable backup. Most 6th rounders aren't. He should have been camp fodder. He only has a job for lack of warm bodies.

    Three good players out of seven (typical draft) is pretty good (still not great, like people pretend the 2008 draft was). Three out of twelve is much less so. Especially when we lost JA to pick up those draft picks. I'd trade that entire 2008 draft class to have JA back.
    I believe I would too. I admit, I was under the influence of the "best(coyote ugly) draft"(graded A-) we've had in a while. The truth now, after the effects have worn off and I've climbed out of my stupor, is I'm trying to chew my arm off....


  7. #26
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Who's JA?

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Who's JA?
    Jared Allen, Aussie


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Props to the D-Line
    By jap1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 12:00 AM
  2. how about the o-line
    By slc chief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
  3. O-line! O-line! O-line!!!!
    By chief31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 10:36 PM
  4. Offensive Line.
    By hermhater in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
  5. O Line
    By LAChief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 03:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •