Thread: Very Rough Practice Today. Haley not Happy. D-Bowe Second String?

Default Very Rough Practice Today. Haley not Happy. D-Bowe Second String?

I usually come home from work everyday and check in with KCCHIEFS.com to watch coach Haleys daily press conference, but after watching todays, I though that I should show you guys considering that Haley was unusually pissed off.

Apparently him and Vrabel had words. D-Bowe was moved from 1st string because "we want players who will do it our way." Im assuming that this is just a lesson so that D-Bowe knows that Haley aint playin around.

Looks like the only positive was Cory Mays who coach Haley mentioned as "a guy who we thought was just a special teams guy, but looks like he will be able to help us at Linebacker."

You can read the press conference quotes or watch the video by clicking on the video labeled 08/10/09 in the media window. Heres the link:

http://kcchiefs.com/news/2009/08/10/qa_with_todd_haley__810/

You might have to go to KCCHIEFS.COM directly to activate the media window. It might not work from the link adress.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 08-10-2009 at 07:46 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Bout time someone slapped D Bowe's rear around!!!! That dude has potential but just seems lazy to me!! Not a lot of good press on this kid since he has been here. Being in Az, I can tell you that if he doesn't get his butt in gear, Haley will sit him until he does!!!!

Well, I wanted a coach that would shake things up and these guys that were here under the last management needed to be shaken up!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

It's just tough discipline. D Bowe is better than Web, Parker, Morton, or just about about any other receiver we have had in the past decade. Maybe besides Kennison.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Great move. Take the best receiver on the team away from the starting quarterback until the season starts. That should help chemistry by showing Haley means business. Can't agree with that move no matter how many passes he drops.

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    Great move. Take the best receiver on the team away from the starting quarterback until the season starts. That should help chemistry by showing Haley means business. Can't agree with that move no matter how many passes he drops.
    Do you think Pioli would allow something bad to happen?

Your over thinking this. Bowe is still being thrown to. It's just a threat that he will not be the number 1 receiver on opening day. Hell, even if he is third on the depth chart doesn't mean it will keep him off the field, depending on the formation. If its a 2 back set, with a tight end, he wouldn't be in unless there was a sub. Same with a 1 back set and 2 tight ends.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

This is just (1) an attempt by Haley to get Bowe in gear; and (2) notice to the rest of the team that their jobs aren't secure. I like Bowe, and I think he did about as well as any WR could have done in 2007-2008, but he'll never be elite unless someone forces him to be.

I mean, did you notice how many guys were not on the depth chart where fans think they should be? Tank, Bowe, Charles, Thigpen, Magee, and Jackson are all 2nd string (or lower)?

Anybody who takes this starting lineup as a hint of what to expect come September is delusional. It's a classic method to get both new and old players to play harder. Haley is raising the ceiling for every player. Younger guys see that they have a spot on this team if they put in the work, veteran and talented guys are shown that there is always room to improve.Ex. - If Bowe was babied like he would be under Herm, he would be a slightly above average wideout at best. Not to mention guys like Darling and Cottam have had their butts ridden all camp, heck, Darling was sent off and now he's at the top of the depth chart? C'mon, it's just practice.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Anybody who takes this starting lineup as a hint of what to expect come September is delusional. It's a classic method to get both new and old players to play harder. Haley is raising the ceiling for every player. Younger guys see that they have a spot on this team if they put in the work, veteran and talented guys are shown that there is always room to improve.Ex. - If Bowe was babied like he would be under Herm, he would be a slightly above average wideout at best. Not to mention guys like Darling and Cottam have had their butts ridden all camp, heck, Darling was sent off and now he's at the top of the depth chart? C'mon, it's just practice.
    I think your absolutly right.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I dont care who he puts in there as long as we win games. That said bowe will still be the starter week 1.