Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You're gonna like this

Default You're gonna like this

If you haven't seen this before enjoy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...the-camp-trail

I am not a KC Chiefs fan ama Pittsburgh fan but am rooting for you guy this year..

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Dude seriously? The guys we picked up this year for the most part are on their way out! In 2-3 years most of these free agents will be long gone. We did not pick up anyone for the long term. We brought these guys in as a stop gap and maybe as a teaching opportunity, but they are not long term solutions and each of these guys will have to be replaced in the next 2 - 3 years.

Vrabel? 34 years old
    Toomer? 36 years old
    Biesel? 31 Years Old
    Brown? 31 years old
    Ingram? 36 years old
    Thomas? 36 years old

There are a couple of younger guys we picked up, but they are filler and possibly will be cut before the season starts. Sean Ryan anyone?

We are contenders in 2 - 3 years only because these guys will be teaching the youngsters the ropes, and showing these youger guys a few wins. We will be contenders with a core of good solid younger players, we will then go after a couple of huge play makers when the time is right. Now we are mostly playing damage control so as to not be the laughing stock of the league.

That is not to say these pickups are bad for that purpose, but they were not hired for a long term solution as you imply.

totally agree...if we had picked up Boldin instead of Toomer oh i would be more excited. But having old players can usually be a bad thing..more prone to injuries

wow three 36 yr old players...

Unfortunately Pioli cant just point and say: "I wan't you, and you, and you!"
    Deals have to be made..
    Zach Thomas (8-9 time pro bowler), Mike Vrabel, Toomer, Engram, Goff. They are all good aquisitions, because they can all win a roster spot for atleast 1 year. That in itself is a scary thought, but I feel better with them on the team, than the rookies who couldn't do anything right last year.
    It would have been a problem if Pioli had signed these guys long term, he didn't.. :)

Whats most disturbing is that the defence has gone from my biggest worry, to the least of my worries. The WR's on the other hand... Oh boy.. What's going on there!
    IM afraid Cassel will get roasted for the WR's not catching any balls. :/

Dude seriously? The guys we picked up this year for the most part are on their way out! In 2-3 years most of these free agents will be long gone. We did not pick up anyone for the long term. We brought these guys in as a stop gap and maybe as a teaching opportunity, but they are not long term solutions and each of these guys will have to be replaced in the next 2 - 3 years.

Vrabel? 34 years old
    Toomer? 36 years old
    Biesel? 31 Years Old
    Brown? 31 years old
    Ingram? 36 years old
    Thomas? 36 years old

There are a couple of younger guys we picked up, but they are filler and possibly will be cut before the season starts. Sean Ryan anyone?

We are contenders in 2 - 3 years only because these guys will be teaching the youngsters the ropes, and showing these youger guys a few wins. We will be contenders with a core of good solid younger players, we will then go after a couple of huge play makers when the time is right. Now we are mostly playing damage control so as to not be the laughing stock of the league.

That is not to say these pickups are bad for that purpose, but they were not hired for a long term solution as you imply.
    You are probably right but these guys will have a big influence on the whole new approach. The locker-room factor and the veteran presence are big with teams in transition.

That was a great read! thanks for sharing!
    **ChiefsChick**

Vrabel? 34 years old
    Toomer? 36 years old
    Biesel? 31 Years Old
    Brown? 31 years old
    Ingram? 36 years old
    Thomas? 36 years old

For most teams these older vets might me a negative. But for a team with 6 wins in 2 years and a new regime, its the only thing to do. They will be good leaders and will make some plays to boot as Pioli/Haley transitions this team to a perennial playoff contender...
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12