Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KC Star : Chiefs QB Croyle glad to get back to playing after injury

Default KC Star : Chiefs QB Croyle glad to get back to playing after injury

RIVER FALLS, Wis. | Once the trauma of his latest football injury took time to sink in — and he assures it could be measured in moments — Brodie Croyle began to assess his playing future. He quickly came to one determination: Other people might write the obituary for his Chiefs’ and maybe even his quarterbacking career, but he wasn’t going to do it himself.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Well if you look at recent history, yes we do.
    Fine. We're not going to carry four QBs on the roster. How about that?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I've been reading the camp reports, and every one has Croyle as the 2QB.

To my understanding of the practice squad, Thigpen's ineligible because he's played in more than six games.

I'm sure we'd trade him if we could, but the market may not be there.

My guess is that he's cut.
    I just don't see Thiggy getting beat out by a guy who goes on IR everytime he plays. Has Croyle even played a full game yet?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I just don't see Thiggy getting beat out by a guy who goes on IR everytime he plays. Has Croyle even played a full game yet?
    He has played a full game a few times, but has never won one. I wouldn't have thought he'd beat out Thigpen either. But here we are.

Brodie Croyle is getting all the 2nd team reps and we signed Gutierrez. We're only carrying three QBs in 2009. Thigpen is definitely the odd man out here.
    I think Gutierrez is the oddman out. He's the least proven and was probably only brought in to motivate Thigpen and Croyle. I bet that Gutierrez will be on the practice squad, before the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I think Gutierrez is the oddman out. He's the least proven and was probably only brought in to motivate Thigpen and Croyle. I bet that Gutierrez will be on the practice squad, before the start of the season.
    Gutierrez to the PS does make sense. We'll find out in a few weeks.

Gutierrez to the PS does make sense. We'll find out in a few weeks.
    Well a few days ago in a Q/A session Haley said that Pioli brought him in, because he was an "excellent preparation guy". I think this was done just as another attempt by Haley to light a fire under his guy's asses. If Gutierrez is out there working hard and preparing well it forces Croyle and Thigpen to do the same. It's just like the old saying goes "We all run faster when were being chased." My money is that Gutierrez is going to be on the Practice Squad.
    Last edited by captainamerica; 08-12-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12