Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May I present my Derrick Thomas Football

Default May I present my Derrick Thomas Football

Hello Derrick Thomas fans,

As I mentioned in my brief introduction, I donated a 1994 Pro Bowl Football signed by #58 to the Pro Football hall of fame.

In the early 90’s I saw Derrick often at the AFC practices at the Aloha Stadium prior to the Pro Bowl game. He and several other Kansas City players, such as: Andre Rison, Will Shields & Neil Smith, signed all kinds of items for us fans.

But this Football I bought just for Derrick.

For many years I have received nummerous offers to sell the ball, but I did not want to sell it for money. Other autographed paraphanelia I donated to various causes – but this Ball was something special and I did not know what I wanted to do with it.

Then it happened: Derrick was selected as part of class 2009 to the HOF. I soon contacted the curator Mr. Jason Aikens and I got the ball ‘rolling’….

Mr. Aikens was extremely pleased the hear that I wanted to donate this very special ball since they did not have very much from Derrick.

Here the hall of fame article when they first got the ball
    Now I am very proud that it will be on display in Canton for thousands of fans to see forever.

This is the original letter from Mr. Aikens:

Jurgen Reinhold:
    Thank you for informing us about your Derrick Thomas signed game used Pro Bowl football. From what I have seen in the picture you provided, your football would be a valuable addition to Pro Football Hall of Fame’s collection. The Pro Football Hall of Fame has very few pieces of memorabilia from Derrick Thomas’ career.
    Any person who donates memorabilia to the Pro Football Hall of Fame receives a letter of acknowledgment; a gift agreement that transfers ownership of the items to the museum, and an IRS tax receipt which allows the donor to deduct the monetary value of the items from their taxes.
    The Pro Football Hall of Fame is a non-profit organization, therefore all the memorabilia in our collection is obtained only through donations. Below is my contact information and address. If you donate your football to the Pro Football Hall of Fame you can mail it to the address below.
    I hope this information is of value, and I hope you choose to donate your football where it will remain in our collection along with the rest of the great and treasured mementos of football history.

Jason Aikens
    Collections Curator
    Pro Football Hall of Fame
    2121 George Halas Dr. NW
    Canton, OH 44708

When we do Pro Bowl Hawaii - thats ALL we do.

From 3:30 a.m. in the morning leaving for the stadium to get in line because when the gates ope at 8:00 you want to have a chacne to be in the first row at the 30 yard line.

Then its a battle, we work very hard for our autographs, thats why I can't & don't want to sell them - I rather give them away and donate to various fund raisers etc.

After that its off to the Hilton, many players stay there as well.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/smokesomekill/Sports-Diverse/KANSASCITYCHIEFS.gif

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/smokesomekill/Sports-Diverse/KANSASCITYCHIEFS.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
    thanks, I love to give back and this Football was something really special.

We love the Pro Bowl in Hawaii, so great to see & meet the players there.

ProBowl 2008/066
    Love the sig dude!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Are you kidding? Look at the photos of what he is doing, something nice has already came his way, hope he gets more of it
    Yeahh...we have been blessed and worked our butts off

I got that full size helmet signed by Lawrence Taylor (him alone) the gloves are from various players, Ahman Green also

sweet I have a original jersey..

Wow... that is awesome!

Awesome Jurgen!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Super cool dude!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123