Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player on the spot

Default Player on the spot

TE Tony Gonzalez

With all the various questions surrounding the Chiefs offense, Gonzalez remains a consistent, reliable force. The biggest question might be just how much the 31-year-old Gonzalez has left in the tank. If last year is any indication, he would have plenty after catching 73 passes for 900 yards and five touchdowns.

from nfl.com
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    TE Tony Gonzalez

With all the various questions surrounding the Chiefs offense, Gonzalez remains a consistent, reliable force. The biggest question might be just how much the 31-year-old Gonzalez has left in the tank. If last year is any indication, he would have plenty after catching 73 passes for 900 yards and five touchdowns.

from nfl.com
    Prognosticating.... When Dwayne Bowe gets on the field and starts burning the 8 clowns in a box... Tony Gonzalez will start to make HOF numbers. Defenses will have to respect Bowe and forget Gonzalez and vice/versa. It's a win ... win for the Chiefs and that's one of the reasons Bowe will be an impact player right out of the blocks. Both Larry Johnson and TG benefit from Bowe on the field of play.

I hope that you are right, Chiefcannon. If the offensive line can gain just a little bit of consistency, then that could very easily happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFCANNON View Post
    Prognosticating.... When Dwayne Bowe gets on the field and starts burning the 8 clowns in a box... Tony Gonzalez will start to make HOF numbers. Defenses will have to respect Bowe and forget Gonzalez and vice/versa. It's a win ... win for the Chiefs and that's one of the reasons Bowe will be an impact player right out of the blocks. Both Larry Johnson and TG benefit from Bowe on the field of play.
    I agree. Once we get someone on the field that someone has to pay attention to besides Tony in the passing game then Tony will be more of a force than he is right now. IMO

NOW CANADA (the first one)
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFCANNON View Post
    CC, I like it!! I like it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, as long as the Chiefs keep him on "underneath" routes, then pass-interference will be a rarity. Unless they get back to throwing to him in the seam, on out patterns and anything that allows him to out-run linebackers and get into the open, then Tony will find it tough to compile recieving stats.
    Agreed; and as long as the "O" line woes continues I look to see him blocking in order to give the QB time in the pocket or in run block support.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed; and as long as the "O" line woes continues I look to see him blocking in order to give the QB time in the pocket or in run block support.

He'll still break Sharpe's record plus... Tony is gonna have some TD's.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    He'll still break Sharpe's record plus... Tony is gonna have some TD's.

Definitely! I can't wait to see it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12