Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player on the spot

Default Player on the spot

TE Tony Gonzalez

With all the various questions surrounding the Chiefs offense, Gonzalez remains a consistent, reliable force. The biggest question might be just how much the 31-year-old Gonzalez has left in the tank. If last year is any indication, he would have plenty after catching 73 passes for 900 yards and five touchdowns.

from nfl.com
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    TE Tony Gonzalez

With all the various questions surrounding the Chiefs offense, Gonzalez remains a consistent, reliable force. The biggest question might be just how much the 31-year-old Gonzalez has left in the tank. If last year is any indication, he would have plenty after catching 73 passes for 900 yards and five touchdowns.

from nfl.com
    We have enough questions concerning the offence, we don't need to start with TG. All he is gonna be good for this year is Touchdowns!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    We have enough questions concerning the offence, we don't need to start with TG. All he is gonna be good for this year is Touchdowns!!!

Yup; if he's lost a step you'd need a microscope to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    He may be good for a few TD's but unfortunatley, I think he is going to spend quite a bit of time blocking!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    He may be good for a few TD's but unfortunatley, I think he is going to spend quite a bit of time blocking!
    That's Hermieball for ya.

I hope he doesn't spend all his time blocking. That's such a waste of a weapon. It's like beating someone over the head with a bazooka! Pointless.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    I hope he doesn't spend all his time blocking. That's such a waste of a weapon. It's like beating someone over the head with a bazooka! Pointless.
    That would hurt!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Absolutely, Tony G is never more dangerous than when he out-jumps two defenders in the back of the end zone for a TD reception. This is honestly one of my biggest concerns with the Chiefs this year. If the coaches can actually mix it up and try to utilize the versatile guys they have in some different roles every now and then, we may have a decent shot at doing pretty well this season, imo.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Absolutely, Tony G is never more dangerous than when he out-jumps two defenders in the back of the end zone for a TD reception. This is honestly one of my biggest concerns with the Chiefs this year. If the coaches can actually mix it up and try to utilize the versatile guys they have in some different roles every now and then, we may have a decent shot at doing pretty well this season, imo.

It would be nice if the refs would call pass interference once in a while; you know like when Tony G. has defenders draped all over him while the pass intended for him go incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    It would be nice if the refs would call pass interference once in a while; you know like when Tony G. has defenders draped all over him while the pass intended for him go incomplete.
    Well, as long as the Chiefs keep him on "underneath" routes, then pass-interference will be a rarity. Unless they get back to throwing to him in the seam, on out patterns and anything that allows him to out-run linebackers and get into the open, then Tony will find it tough to compile recieving stats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast