Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick to possibly back up Cassel??????

Default Vick to possibly back up Cassel??????

NFL Rumors: Vick to possibly back up Cassel

This is on the front page of ESPN.com. I don't have the Insider so I can't read what is says.

I don't have it either. But man I hope Vick doesn't come to KC.

Resident Celebrity

I saw that too... then i threw up in my mouth a little. I guess lets just see if it leaves the whole "insider" thing. That forum is premised strictly on rumors.

:sadbanana:

Yeah, this isn't happening.

The Titans, Ravens and Chiefs might be the only teams interested in signing Michael Vick. That's what ESPN's John Clayton said on ESPN Radio's Brock and Salk when pressed about NFL teams' interest in the troubled quarterback.

There was no mention of the Packers or Patriots, which is contrary to prior reports. The Packers have had "legitimate discussions" of signing Michael Vick, sources told the Wisconsin State Journal. But GM Ted Thompson hardly made it seem like they were this interested when he said he was open to the possibility.

Also, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said he'd be open to the possibility of bringing in Vick, although Pats owner Robert Kraft said he has no interest.

Titans aren't picking up Vick. They already have one scrambling headcase QB on the roster.

Ravens aren't picking up Vick. They aren't screwing with their presumed QBOTF's head.

Chiefs aren't picking up Vick. They are trying to build blue collar team chemistry. Vick isn't going to help that.

Clayton's an idiot.

Guys if we get Vick think of all the trick plays we can run with him as an RB! You guys are being to simple minded, having a talent such as Vick would open up our playbook tremendously. I wouldnt care if he never started one down at QB, but i want to run the wildcat and several other trick plays with him as an rb.

The only thing that remotely interests me is maybe 5 plays out of the wildcat a game... but that's mostly just the Madden player in me speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    The only thing that remotely interests me is maybe 5 plays out of the wildcat a game... but that's mostly just the Madden player in me speaking.

LOL, same here. If hes a free agent when madden comes out he will be replacing Brodie Croyle in my franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Guys if we get Vick think of all the trick plays we can run with him as an RB! You guys are being to simple minded, having a talent such as Vick would open up our playbook tremendously. I wouldnt care if he never started one down at QB, but i want to run the wildcat and several other trick plays with him as an rb.
    They guy has not palyed a down in two years. It would naive to think he could return to any football team and play at the level many remember. Even then, he wasn't a very good Qb. The chiefs has zero problems shutting him down, with a bad defense.

I don't want him.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast