Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Lelie

Default Ashley Lelie

Arrowheadpride is reporting that we are trying out Ashley Lelie. I dont know much about him other than he is a Faider and Donkey reject. He had some good seasons, and then disappeared. We will soon see if this is true or not. Here is the quote from their site:

"Chris Hamblin of 610 Sports reports (via DTR in the FanShots) that the Chiefs worked out WR Ashley Lelie after practice today. (Update: Now it's on his Twitter account)"

Here is the link:

Report: Chiefs Work Out Former Broncos and Raiders WR Ashley*Lelie - Arrowhead Pride

Lelie is hot and cold, mostly cold.

If nothing more he'd be camp fodder but he's probably better then most of what we got in camp right now which isn't saying much.

I gotta say I really like Arrowhead pride as far as chiefs news and tidbits go. I was a subscriber to Warpaint illustrated and since I left the free side had the same news and sometimes more news faster than Nick Athan and his Paid staff. I will never pay for so called" insider info" to Warpaint and I do not know how they can even Justify asking for money anymore. Arrowhead Pride on the other hand is a great place to get the info right away and even stuff that most sites sont even cover. I stay here for the Forums as they are Top Notch here and the people are grat and I have made many friends here. I hope eveyone doesnt take my post as one is better than another . Its just like football in general , have to go to different channels to watch games as too many stations are allowed to cover the games.

The thing that concerns me about this articile and rumor is that we have like half the WRs in the league on the team and yet we feel like we still do not have enough talent?

Who would have thought that losing the "former Chiefs player who will remain nameless" would cause is this much strife

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    The thing that concerns me about this articile and rumor is that we have like half the WRs in the league on the team and yet we feel like we still do not have enough talent?

Who would have thought that losing the "former Chiefs player who will remain nameless" would cause is this much strife
    True, True. That he who shall not be named deal, really stinks.

Well we could use a burner at WR.. but I'd prefer Matt Jones by a mile. Lelie is terrible.
    Last edited by yashi; 08-13-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Well we could use a burner at WR.. but I'd prefer Matt Jones by a mile. Lelie is terrible.
    Lelie has the advantage of not being on his last strike for cocaine use.

I don't understand any interest in either of them. We signed Webb, Copper, Engram, Toomer, and Wright this offseason, plus drafting Lawrence.

Unless something crazy is about to happen, like we're trading Bowe, I don't get it.

Oh god, don't talk about trading Bowe, thats the last thing I want to hear.

Lelie sucks, IMO its a rumor.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Oh god, don't talk about trading Bowe, thats the last thing I want to hear.

Lelie sucks, IMO its a rumor.
    If Al Davis found him, I would tend to agree.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Lelie is a long shot I agree. But he has a chance, however slim, to turn his career around. Lets not forget this guy has first round talent and has put up a 1,000 yard season. It's possible that Haley's great track record with receivers could transform this guys talent into consistent production. It's worth a shot. At worst we just cut him later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast