Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In or Out

Default In or Out

Ok...are you in or out? Would you want to try it???

Bacon Beer By Brooklyn Brewery Will Rule Them All

A heaping plate of bacon washed down with a frosty mug of beer is the perfect start to any day, but why can't scientists unite those two divine tastes into a single swallow? True, there is a German beer called Rauchbier, which means "smoked beer" and reportedly tastes like bacon, but it's not literally made with cured pig flesh. But at long last, Brooklyn Brewery brewmaster Garrett Oliver has heard the call of drunken gluttons and is developing a beer made with a special malt smoked in the same room with bacon made by "the legendary" Allan Benton. Oliver tells the Times, "It’s almost terrifying how much the malt smells like bacon." His ingenious plan involves infusing a brown ale with the flavor of Benton’s bacon fat through a technique known as "fat washing." The bacon-fat-infused ale is aged in bourbon barrels, and one historic day (t.b.d.) he will blend it with the bacon-smoked malt. And Oliver promises this to a world hushed with anticipation: "Either this will be the most amazingly disgusting thing you’ve ever tasted in your life. Or I shall rule the earth."
    **ChiefsChick**

I'll take one!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Bacon And Beer, sounds ood to me!!!

I would give it a try, but that could be a heart attack in a mug.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post

A heaping plate of bacon washed down with a frosty mug of beer is the perfect start to any day, but why can't scientists unite those two divine tastes into a single swallow? True, there is a German beer called Rauchbier, which means "smoked beer" and reportedly tastes like bacon, but it's not literally made with cured pig flesh. But at long last, Brooklyn Brewery brewmaster Garrett Oliver has heard the call of drunken gluttons and is developing a beer made with a special malt smoked in the same room with bacon made by "the legendary" Allan Benton. Oliver tells the Times, "It’s almost terrifying how much the malt smells like bacon." His ingenious plan involves infusing a brown ale with the flavor of Benton’s bacon fat through a technique known as "fat washing." The bacon-fat-infused ale is aged in bourbon barrels, and one historic day (t.b.d.) he will blend it with the bacon-smoked malt. And Oliver promises this to a world hushed with anticipation: "Either this will be the most amazingly disgusting thing you’ve ever tasted in your life. Or I shall rule the earth."
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMjzxHzZnnI"]YouTube - Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World (live)[/ame]

Considering that as a kid growing up in germany we put lard on our bread with a little salt (our sandwich for lunch) - I'd try this with a large Hefeweizen

Yuummmmyyyy....& frog leggs for dessert
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/smokesomekill/Sports-Diverse/KANSASCITYCHIEFS.gif

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post

Hahahaha

sorry the title alone made me laugh...i'm so immature and a guy lol

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Hahahaha

sorry the title alone made me laugh...i'm so immature and a guy lol

'Tis ok...you can't help it!!
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I would give it a try, but that could be a heart attack in a mug.
    Bacon causes the heart attack, but the beer thins out the blood so it fixes itself!! Its like medicine in a bottle!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast