Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies, maybe something more fun

Default Hobbies, maybe something more fun

OK guys, what is it you like to do when you are not fighting with your fellow Chief's Crowd members. I have a couple of hobbies that I enjoy.

First, I like to build bass guitars, yeah, I play them too, more on that in a moment. Here is one of my hand made models in a fretless configuration:

I also like to play as well. My band site is here:

http://www.urbansoulband.com

Here is a You Tube of me a few years ago with my metal band:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f08nIiiIZjY"]YouTube - Cirith Ungol - Chaos Descends & I'm Alive - LIVE!!![/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f08nIiiIZjY"][/ame]

And I guess lastly, I enjoy water sports. I am headed out with the boys and family this weekend for a weekend on the lake.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

That's a pretty sweet bass. How long does it take to make one?

Resident Celebrity

on a sad, somewhat related note, Les Paul passed away. He was 94!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    OK guys, what is it you like to do when you are not fighting with your fellow Chief's Crowd members. I have a couple of hobbies that I enjoy.

First, I like to build bass guitars, yeah, I play them too, more on that in a moment. Here is one of my hand made models in a fretless configuration:

I also like to play as well. My band site is here:

http://www.urbansoulband.com

Here is a You Tube of me a few years ago with my metal band:

And I guess lastly, I enjoy water sports. I am headed out with the boys and family this weekend for a weekend on the lake.
    That is a nice guitar man! And your band sounded pretty good too. Did you guys stop playing?

My hobbies outside of the Chiefs Nation include: Fishing, working out (heck of a hobby yes i know, lol), playing video games, and cooking. I love creating new dishes and putting spins on old time favorites. I love to blend classic Americana food with some spanish flavor.

Great thread By the way! This is what i was looking for!

I like to Play guitar, ride dirtbikes, surf, ride BMX, play football, and sometimes I'll play PS3 ever now and then.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I like to Play guitar, ride dirtbikes, surf, ride BMX, play football, and sometimes I'll play PS3 ever now and then.

I have always wanted to ride a dirtbike, is it funner than a 3 wheeler or 4 wheeler?

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    That's a pretty sweet bass. How long does it take to make one?
    Well considering everything I do, that one took two years

I have just started three new ones though and will post pictures of them as I progress if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    on a sad, somewhat related note, Les Paul passed away. He was 94!
    I met Les Paul once, when I was playing in Cirith Ungol, we were rehearsing and owner of the rehearsal studio also owned a recording studio. He came in the studio and said we had to go over to the control room, he had someone he wanted us to meet. We walked in and it was Les Paul. Very very sweet man, we talked for hours. I met him again about 4 years later at the NAMM show here in LA and he remembered who I was.

It is a sad loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    That is a nice guitar man! And your band sounded pretty good too. Did you guys stop playing?
    Depends, the Urban Soul band is still playing, the band in the video, Cirith Ungol had some success in Europe, but that band broke up a while ago. Since I have posted that video, we have had all types of offers to go play together again but no one wants to follow along in the wake of Anvil after the movie came out.

The guitarist and I are starting to work on another CD though. We will see where it goes. My rock star days are OVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Being a musician of over 35 years, I know a bit about this and if you made that by hand from the looks of the photo I would say great job. I would like to hear what it sounds like but that is kinda tough unless you have a interface for your PC.
    I shouldn't care if you believe me on this, but here are some more build pictures from this instrument and my first one I built

Putting on the binding

Shaping the neck

Nice job heyvern!

Very nice! I have a friend that has made a few and it is quite a process (drove his wife nuts) - if he is at the home opener, I will have you meet him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast