Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Bowl in Miami, what the heck??

Default Pro Bowl in Miami, what the heck??

No surprise I write about this topic.

Being a season ticket holder to the Aloha Event since 1994, owning 50 tickets all together, I am disappointed that it has come to that decision.

I know, I know Mr. Commish wants the super bowl to be the last game of the season and have the pro bowl the week before the big game – but why have it anywhere else?

The players love it there, the fans do, its been sold out forever – now please don’t tell me its just greed because Dolphin Stadium tolds 73.000 seats and Hawaii only around 50.000.

Listen, I know this is just a fun game, it really doesn’t matter who wins etc, but it’s a nice end to the NFL season in my opinion.

Whats your take??

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/smokesomekill/Sports-Diverse/KANSASCITYCHIEFS.gif

I agree with you, the whole point of Pro Bowl week will be lost, in my opinion, with it before the Super Bowl. I think you will not have the access to players like it is now and you may not even get tickets unless you have Super Bowl tickets. When I get to go to the pro bowl, I want it to be in Hawaii!

Yeah, I posted about this a few months ago. IMO it's outragous! Hawaii is a great location for the Pro Bowl!

This would be a horrible decision. You certainly are not going to see any players from either of the teams that are going to play in the Super Bowl playing in the Pro Bowl. No team is going to even consider sending their star players to play in the pro bowl and take a chance one of them gets injured. Forget it.

The other thing about it being in Hawaii, I think it is a great thing. Hawaii is pretty far removed from regular games, even people in Alaska have it better as they can at least see the CFL in action and can get to a Seattle game in a pinch. Hawaii does not have that luxury.

I think it is a bad idea to move it both in schedule and location.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

This is a one time thing bro. So dont fret.

After this season the pro bowl will go back to hawii the way i understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

Then why do it? They are obviously testing the market for this setup. If it succeeds Hawaii can kiss it goodbye.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Yeahh...its suppose to go back to Honolulu for 2 years - but they still want to play it the week before the super bowl.
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/smokesomekill/Sports-Diverse/KANSASCITYCHIEFS.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Then why do it? They are obviously testing the market for this setup. If it succeeds Hawaii can kiss it goodbye.
    Im afraid Ill have to agree with ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I agree with you, the whole point of Pro Bowl week will be lost, in my opinion, with it before the Super Bowl. I think you will not have the access to players like it is now and you may not even get tickets unless you have Super Bowl tickets. When I get to go to the pro bowl, I want it to be in Hawaii!
    You just want a nice laie.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 08-15-2009 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

The NFL is like politics though. Even just testing the waters is a step toward making a change. I am sure they are looking at it as a chance to see if they can get more interest by having it in the states.

The problem is the Pro Bowl, the MLB All-Star game and other games of their ilk are a waste of time. They are held only once and usually in a location that most people in the country will not travel to anyway unless they are really into such things.

Not saying there is anything wrong with being into those games, I just don't think there is the interest in these types of games. They simply don't mean anything.

At least the MLB made it where the league that wins gets home field advantage in the World Series, but that means nothing to the Super Bowl.

Anyway, I guess I really don't care personally where they have it, but having it before the Super Bowl is the biggest mistake they will make. That move will make the game even more irrelevent.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast