Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donkey's Offense

Default Donkey's Offense

Was anybody able to catch any of the Donkey game? I was only able to see the stats, Denver Broncos vs. San Francisco 49ers - Recap - August 14, 2009 - ESPN, but I hope they tell at least a good chunk of the story. Orton barely completely half of his passes and threw for 3 INTS without breaking 100 yards. I'd be willing to bet McD pulled him before it got too ugly. They didn't do much in the way of running the ball either. I'd think they'd be handing the ball off a lot in the preseason with all of the backs they've signed. But I guess not.

This is great news! Even if it is really premature.

Thanks Aussie!

Firing Shanny was the dumbest move the Donkey's could have ever made. Firing Shanny led to them losing there Pro Bowl QB, possibly losing their Pro Bowl WR, and also possibly losing their solid TE Tony Scheffler. Now there solid offense doesn't look so hot any more and there defense still sucks as usual.

caught some of it. Their o-line is still good, but the fact that Chris Simms looked better than Orton is just hilarious.
    Knowshon Moreno runs with a lot of power, but we will see if it is enough, he has good size, power and speed.
    Their D still doesn't look all that good, so I would say they are worse off than last year.
    But it is only the pre-season..

Orton was garbage, as expected in my opinion. Moreno might have trouble staying healthy, and their D still looks soft in many, many places.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I live in Bears country, my wife actually got a Bears jersey, I watch the Bears games with her. Orton has never been anything special, I would have loved to get Cutler for the Chiefs but Orton going to the Donks and Cutler to the Bears plus Cassel to the Chiefs and we get to keep Thiggy seems like maybe an even better solution. I am not completely sold on Cassel yet, I want to give him time, but I know that Orton is nothing and fear for us to have gotten Cutler that either Cassel or Thiggy would have gone to Denver, Both of them are better then Orton. My nephew is a Donks fan and he has already written them off.

On my facebook there is often Donks chatter from my friends list (fair amount of my family is from Denver) and the fan chatter is hilarious this year ... no one expects them to amount to anything. I also got to put the comment that I have always hated the Donks, with Shanny I respected them and they were always a tough match, but now with Shanny and Cutler gone and the joke of a front office, management combo I think we have more to fear from Jokeland then from the Donks. Division standings 2009 KC, SD, OAK, DEN, with the Chiefs being the only on above 500... just a prediction but based on offseason and prior history it looks like a real possibility.

This is going to be an awesome year. Maybe Cutler wasn't as bad as I thought. But Cutler still sucks.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    This is going to be an awesome year. Maybe Cutler wasn't as bad as I thought. But Cutler still sucks.
    Yes he does and what a baby he also was with that feud with Philip Rivers.

Cutler = most overrated young QB in the league....i feel bad for Chicago, hes not going to win them very many games, and he will lose quite a few i can say for sure..on the other hand, Denver doesnt have a solid QB at all right now, which makes me happy...i hope they go on a 10-15 year freefall....frickin broncos...

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Cutler = most overrated young QB in the league....i feel bad for Chicago, hes not going to win them very many games, and he will lose quite a few i can say for sure..on the other hand, Denver doesnt have a solid QB at all right now, which makes me happy...i hope they go on a 10-15 year freefall....frickin broncos...
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Yes he does and what a baby he also was with that feud with Philip Rivers.
    And correct

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    And also correct. I have never understood the love afair that nfl pundits always had for Cutler. From what I've seen, Cutler cares about nobody but Cutler.
    SHUT IT

Say what you will, Cutler is a good QB. I am glad he is not playing in denver any longer. Honestly it made no sense for Chicago to go after him. They have been and will continue to be a run first team, that does not match up to Cutler.

As far as being a baby, I think we will see that to be true this year! He has a lot of growing to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast