Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Chiefs Crowd Reaction to the first Preseason Game Thread***

Default ***Official Chiefs Crowd Reaction to the first Preseason Game Thread***

Well we looked pretty much like we did all of last year. Good thing it was only preseason. We were running a base defense so the jury is still out on that. I still don't read too much into the loss because it is only preseason.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    All of his throws touched his receivers hands and that was a fluke fumble if I've ever seen one, so I don't know what you want from him.
    No joke, I'll bite on that if you name another QB over the history of the league that has been declared a bust because of fumbled snaps. Drop or not, his throws were on the button, I can't wait to see what a real team of receivers does for him, opening up more than 5-10 yard throws.

Thanks Aussie!

Cassell will be fine. He was composed, and all but one throw was on the money. QB is not much of a worry for me. Its even a spot on the roster we may have some depth now. O-line pass blocking and D-line run stopping are what concern me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Cassell will be fine. He was composed, and all but one throw was on the money. QB is not much of a worry for me. Its even a spot on the roster we may have some depth now. O-line pass blocking and D-line run stopping are what concern me the most.
    After viewing last nights game, we our VERY DEEP AT QB!

Look at the up side-it's preseason week 1

Texans won 5 of their last 6 last year and I thought we played ok against a decent team. Leggett getting that sack was pretty cool. The horsecollar call was complete crap and seemed to take some wind out of the D. I'd like to see more Vrabel, Thomas, and Brown. Thig scored our only td, so kudos to him. D is obviously quicker and will improve every game. Need a kick returner. I miss TG already...
    SHUT IT

I was encouraged by our defence, the TJ pick looks more and more solid, and Hali has progressed further than I expected.
    Flowers looked good, I think he is going to be awesome this year.
    Cory Mays? Who the f**k is he? He was all over the field last night, I hope he makes the team. We might have a starting middle linebacker there, though it is still way too early to tell.

Im so glad Bowe played so well, now he needs to show he is a pro in practice too. The other WR's on the other hand, man it looks like we have a real problem.

Cassel didn't get good stats, but he was only allowed 5 throws against their no. 1 defense. (Their D showed some good pass rushing skills I think..) Besides it was very ****ty weather, and atleast 2 of his throws should have been caught. TE Ryan dropped one, and one of the recievers did too.

My main concern right now is our WR's and pass protection as well as run blocking.

We had 13 different guys catching 21 passes last night, that amassed a total of 115 yards. Of which Bowe accounted for 5 catches and 70 yards.
    That is NOT very good! Our 2 "starting wideouts" Copper and Darling had a combined 3 catches for 15 yards.
    We have to remember though, that they "only" had 1½ quarter of play. Still not good enough..

Last year Cassel did a great job of completing a high number of short passes to a variety of receivers + the occasional bomb to Moss. He can read defenses and get rid of the ball fast, but we need the recievers to get open and hang on to the ball. Otherwise Cassel won't get a fair chance.

Thank god it seems we have atleast 3 good backs! :)
    Last edited by brish; 08-16-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Agreed, it will be interesting to see how they perform when it's for real and they're pulling out the stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    In the end he was still 2/5 and lost a fumble so drops or not he still didnt look sharp
    Then none of our QBs looked sharp other then Croyle by your standards.

I didnt get a chance to watch the game since it wasnt on TV and sunday ticket isnt playing pre season. I have it set to record tomorrow and I will watch it and play coach...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I didnt get a chance to watch the game since it wasnt on TV and sunday ticket isnt playing pre season. I have it set to record tomorrow and I will watch it and play coach...lol

Looking forward to your insightful analysis.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast