Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Chiefs Crowd Reaction to the first Preseason Game Thread***

Default ***Official Chiefs Crowd Reaction to the first Preseason Game Thread***

Well we looked pretty much like we did all of last year. Good thing it was only preseason. We were running a base defense so the jury is still out on that. I still don't read too much into the loss because it is only preseason.

Thoughts?

Well at least we had a couple of sacks...
    But the Defense still looked bad.
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    Well at least we had a couple of sacks...
    But the Defense still looked bad.
    True, but I still think it's too early to tell because of the defense we ran. I don't think Haley is going to tip his hand in preseason. But you're right we seemed lacking in some defensive basics a bit. I think our offense does too.

I've only seen a few plays from an NFL Network recap so far, waiting for the game to reair tomorrow morning.

Hali looks like he's really slimmed up to play LB. On the one defensive play I saw it looked like whoever was at NT got a really good push on the OL.

I'll offer more and better reactions after I watch the game in HD tomorrow. I can't wait.

*Sighs*

first of all, thanks chiefster for starting this thread. I wanted to give my thoughts but wasnt sure which thread to post...

...that being said, here we go....

Im not going to over react it being preseason
    . I didnt get to see Vrable or Thomas on D. But I can say that im not exactly estatic with our DT performance.

Was surprised that Bowe was actually not a starter on the depth chart. But we all know that it was just mind games from Haley to Bowe, and Bowe proved that he belongs with the starters.

Succop
    impressed me in those weather conditions. thats all Ill say bout him for now. (Even tho i think he made the team only because he's a Succop)

Our QB depth is more than adequate. If something happens to happen to Cassell, we've got 2 guys that can manage!

In summary: After we hired Haley I asked, "What will an offensive guy do to fix the worst D in chiefs history (and worst pass rush in NFL history)?
    Tonite I find myself asking the same thing. What he is doing to the WR core is working. (its what he knows). Much like Herm knows about DBs.

But again.................its just preseason. I look foward to sharing next preseason game with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    Cassel stunk the join up he was 2/5 playing into the 2nd quarter... this team i think will lean heavily on the running game and we have a stable of backs to do it with. johnson didnt play much so we will leave him out and savage and battle ran hard as hell.
    Again, he was two of five with at least one drop that I can remember, and with wide outs that won't be starting this season.

Chill. You're WAY too eager to jump on Matt's case.

I just blame the rain! Rain rain go away!! But I was happy to see Thig get the one touchdown of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    *Sighs*

first of all, thanks chiefster for starting this thread. I wanted to give my thoughts but wasnt sure which thread to post...

...that being said, here we go....

Im not going to over react it being preseason
    . I didnt get to see Vrable or Thomas on D. But I can say that im not exactly estatic with our DT performance.

Was surprised that Bowe was actually not a starter on the depth chart. But we all know that it was just mind games from Haley to Bowe, and Bowe proved that he belongs with the starters.

Succop
    impressed me in those weather conditions. thats all Ill say bout him for now. (Even tho i think he made the team only because he's a Succop)

Our QB depth is more than adequate. If something happens to happen to Cassell, we've got 2 guys that can manage!

In summary: After we hired Haley I asked, "What will an offensive guy do to fix the worst D in chiefs history (and worst pass rush in NFL history)?
    Tonite I find myself asking the same thing. What he is doing to the WR core is working. (its what he knows). Much like Herm knows about DBs.

But again.................its just preseason. I look foward to sharing next preseason game with you.
    ...Just happy to do what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I just blame the rain! Rain rain go away!! But I was happy to see Thig get the one touchdown of the game!

Since I was watching the game through the Texans TV network, you would have thought the Texans were the best team to walk the planet and the Chiefs the worst. But I liked overall how we performed. A few mistakes but that can be worked on. To me Cassel wasn't bad it was the receivers he was throwing to that were bad. LJ, though he wasn't out much looks like he is becoming serious with his play. D-Bowe looked great and didn't have one drop!. Succop, I think he will become the franchise kicker for him to have a 48 yard field goal in the rain and he's a rookie? That's pretty good.

Can't wait for next week.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Since I was watching the game through the Texans TV network, you would have thought the Texans were the best team to walk the planet and the Chiefs the worst. But I liked overall how we performed. A few mistakes but that can be worked on. To me Cassel wasn't bad it was the receivers he was throwing to that were bad. LJ, though he wasn't out much looks like he is becoming serious with his play. D-Bowe looked great and didn't have one drop!. Succop, I think he will become the franchise kicker for him to have a 48 yard field goal in the rain and he's a rookie? That's pretty good.

Can't wait for next week.
    Next week I think will be interesting...especially for the one blocking Jared Allen.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast