Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sharing pics of my trip to Canton for DT's Induction...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

Default Sharing pics of my trip to Canton for DT's Induction...

0 Not allowed!
    Prior to sharing my pics, I'd like to share first a bit of a personal story. I've been a Chiefs fan since I was a kid, my dad becoming a fan in '63 when they moved to KC...I was raised with Red & Gold blood, haha.

As with many Chiefs fans, DT became my all time favorite Chief...not only as a result of his obvious talent as an athelete, but for who he was as a human being...his huge heart & compassion towards helping others.

I can honestly state, that although I didn't know DT personally, I felt much love for him as a Chief on field, & for the person he was off field. I never visited DT's modest home in suburban KC, but he visited mine weekly. I knew him, though he didn't know me.

When DT tragically lost his life, at some point amidst my tears, shock, & sadness...it occurred to me that someday DT would be inducted into the NFL HOF. I considered the thought of DT's future Induction, from that point forward as being his final big play in the NFL. I made myself a promise, that come hell or high water I would be there personally to witness DT's Induction Ceremony. I saw my presence there being my way of honoring and thanking DT for all he gave from his body, heart & soul as a Chief to his team and fans, as well as his contributions to the Kansas City community.

I miss Derrick, and to this day still find myself at times looking for the #58 on the field of play. Derrick is on God's Pro-Bowl team now, and no doubt is smiling down upon Arrowhead each & every game day. :)

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think we can all understand the sentimental value placed on that particular item. Heck, I'd have a hard time parting with any of it...does that make me bad???
    Nope...haha. :)

My guess is the NFL HOF would likely be interested in game used items, but maybe not.

My home is for sale, and someday will need to move to a smaller house more feasible for one. I won't have the display space I do now downstairs for my Chiefs collectibles, otherwise...my selfish side likely wouldn't consider donating so easily.

Jurgen's donation is indeed a humbling inspiration. :)

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Actually no...lol I know a few of your members here on another site...and I drop in once in a while to keep Chiefster in line, he has a love/hate relationship with me.
    hahaha

There's certainly a fine line between love and hate, haha.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Nope...haha. :)

My guess is the NFL HOF would likely be interested in game used items, but maybe not.

My home is for sale, and someday will need to move to a smaller house more feasible for one. I won't have the display space I do now downstairs for my Chiefs collectibles, otherwise...my selfish side likely wouldn't consider donating so easily.

Jurgen's donation is indeed a humbling inspiration. :)
    True dat!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Wel, let me just say for me, dontating this ball to the hall was the ONLY thing to do.

I have had it now for so many years and I always wanted to do somethign special with it.

And yes, I would love to see it there myself.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/smokesomekill/Sports-Diverse/KANSASCITYCHIEFS.gif

Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
    Wel, let me just say for me, dontating this ball to the hall was the ONLY thing to do.

I have had it now for so many years and I always wanted to do somethign special with it.

As well you should buddy! :)

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post

I think it's awesome you donated it! Don't think I would've had the thought to...inspiring that you thought to donate it, as well as following through. :)

Your DT Pro Bowl football undeniably is RARE & PRICELESS! It's now displayed in an honorable & historical home where all fans of DT, NFL fans overall...can appreciate it forever. That in itself is the greatest gift of all...sharing. :)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456