Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sharing pics of my trip to Canton for DT's Induction...

Default Sharing pics of my trip to Canton for DT's Induction...

Prior to sharing my pics, I'd like to share first a bit of a personal story. I've been a Chiefs fan since I was a kid, my dad becoming a fan in '63 when they moved to KC...I was raised with Red & Gold blood, haha.

As with many Chiefs fans, DT became my all time favorite Chief...not only as a result of his obvious talent as an athelete, but for who he was as a human being...his huge heart & compassion towards helping others.

I can honestly state, that although I didn't know DT personally, I felt much love for him as a Chief on field, & for the person he was off field. I never visited DT's modest home in suburban KC, but he visited mine weekly. I knew him, though he didn't know me.

When DT tragically lost his life, at some point amidst my tears, shock, & sadness...it occurred to me that someday DT would be inducted into the NFL HOF. I considered the thought of DT's future Induction, from that point forward as being his final big play in the NFL. I made myself a promise, that come hell or high water I would be there personally to witness DT's Induction Ceremony. I saw my presence there being my way of honoring and thanking DT for all he gave from his body, heart & soul as a Chief to his team and fans, as well as his contributions to the Kansas City community.

I miss Derrick, and to this day still find myself at times looking for the #58 on the field of play. Derrick is on God's Pro-Bowl team now, and no doubt is smiling down upon Arrowhead each & every game day. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think we can all understand the sentimental value placed on that particular item. Heck, I'd have a hard time parting with any of it...does that make me bad???
    Nope...haha. :)

My guess is the NFL HOF would likely be interested in game used items, but maybe not.

My home is for sale, and someday will need to move to a smaller house more feasible for one. I won't have the display space I do now downstairs for my Chiefs collectibles, otherwise...my selfish side likely wouldn't consider donating so easily.

Jurgen's donation is indeed a humbling inspiration. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Actually no...lol I know a few of your members here on another site...and I drop in once in a while to keep Chiefster in line, he has a love/hate relationship with me.
    hahaha

There's certainly a fine line between love and hate, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Nope...haha. :)

My guess is the NFL HOF would likely be interested in game used items, but maybe not.

My home is for sale, and someday will need to move to a smaller house more feasible for one. I won't have the display space I do now downstairs for my Chiefs collectibles, otherwise...my selfish side likely wouldn't consider donating so easily.

Jurgen's donation is indeed a humbling inspiration. :)
    True dat!

Wel, let me just say for me, dontating this ball to the hall was the ONLY thing to do.

I have had it now for so many years and I always wanted to do somethign special with it.

And yes, I would love to see it there myself.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/smokesomekill/Sports-Diverse/KANSASCITYCHIEFS.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
    Wel, let me just say for me, dontating this ball to the hall was the ONLY thing to do.

I have had it now for so many years and I always wanted to do somethign special with it.

As well you should buddy! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post

I think it's awesome you donated it! Don't think I would've had the thought to...inspiring that you thought to donate it, as well as following through. :)

Your DT Pro Bowl football undeniably is RARE & PRICELESS! It's now displayed in an honorable & historical home where all fans of DT, NFL fans overall...can appreciate it forever. That in itself is the greatest gift of all...sharing. :)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456