Thread: KC Star : Top pick Jackson, Chiefs defense have some catching up to do

Default KC Star : Top pick Jackson, Chiefs defense have some catching up to do

Tyson Jackson didn’t make excuses, and he didn’t stretch the truth. He admitted Saturday night that he’s behind, and because of that and other factors, the Chiefs’ defense might be behind, too. Kansas City’s top draft pick this year, a rookie defensive end who’s expected to become a cornerstone of the team’s shift to the 3-4 defensive front, said his missed week of training camp has cost him.

More...

I thought they stuffed the run well, but it was that penelty that killed momentum.

Hell, pass D wasn't too bad either - a few plays here and there. It's the OL that needed work and the WR. Bowe looked good, but Copper wasn't that great and Darling just plan Blows. OL was too inconsistant, but they did not so bad at setting up for a run. Larry looked kinda like old Larry, but Jackie Battle looked awesome. Can't say I saw much of Charles.

I think he would be best fit for pass plays and maybe some draws. He is certianly no power back.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I thought they stuffed the run well, but it was that penelty that killed momentum.

Hell, pass D wasn't too bad either - a few plays here and there. It's the OL that needed work and the WR. Bowe looked good, but Copper wasn't that great and Darling just plan Blows. OL was too inconsistant, but they did not so bad at setting up for a run. Larry looked kinda like old Larry, but Jackie Battle looked awesome. Can't say I saw much of Charles.

I think he would be best fit for pass plays and maybe some draws. He is certianly no power back.
    Yea, I was surprised, it could have been a lot worse. With all the skill position weapons that Houston has, it was a real challenge for the first team. They were burned on a couple cut back runs, those were pretty ugly. The only passes that went for 10-15 yards + were thrown down the middle when the QB was way outside the pocket. Those completions shouldn't happen very often, especially with a healthy and improving Pollard/LB corps and the return of Thomas. I'm anxious to see if the DLine can repeat a performance like that. It wasn't stellar by any means, but they weren't manhandled at all.

Thanks Aussie!