Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fatlock speaking his gems of wisdom about other NFL teams...

Default Fatlock speaking his gems of wisdom about other NFL teams...

...as well as the Chiefs.

NFL Truths: Colts won't start strong

Jason Whitlock / FOXSports.com
    Posted: 1 hour ago

Well, it's finally here. The NFL season, the reason I live, the reason you gamble, the reason I write The Truth and nothing but The Truth every Thursday throughout the NFL season.

My "NFL Truths" column is the bible for hardcore football fans and media. This is the column that starts every Thursday for Tony Dungy, Bill Belichick, Peter King, Michael Silver, Roger Goodell and Rae Carruth.
    OK, let's quit the hype. Here are your 10 NFL Truths for week 1:
    10. The Saints are my Super Bowl pick

Yep, I spent all last year trashing the New Orleans Saints. I thought they were overhyped because of their return to hurricane-ravaged New Orleans. I wasn't sold on Drew Brees recovering from the shoulder injury that ended his San Diego career.
    Well, I love the Saints this year. I love Brees. I love Deuce and Reggie. I like their receiving corps, even though they let go of Joe Horn prematurely. I love their defensive ends, Will Smith and Charles Grant. And I like their secondary.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...40813162&ATT=5

What a dumb-***...

10 Okay lets see the Saints to the Superbowl...verdict is still out, but I like the NFC East and the NFC West better than the south.

9 Saints tonight...oops...Colts for the season...yikes they actually look like they might have a D this year.

8 Leftwich better for the playoffs...ummm, isn't that when you'll see the teams with the best pass rushes...I really don't like Vick then

7 So what...we all know owners/GMs/coaches are in the deal for what is best for the team, not the players...this isn't news, or frankly one of the 10 most important things going on in the NFL

6 Legalize and manage performance enhancing drugs...this is wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start...

5 More Michael Vick comments...he's going to jail, he's not playing...please stop putting him in the headlines...and again at this point what does this have to do with the NFL this season

4 KC compared to Oakland last year... is hitting the too much. I don't think they're going to look like the KC offense of 2004-2005, but they'll be better than the AFC Wests JV team in 2006

3 McNabb player of the year...okay finally an argument that has a little merit...McNabb has the capability of accomplishing the numbers that are mentioned in the article. Oh except the winning 11 or 12 games...he likely won't play in that many due to injury

2 College football...Weiss is over-rated and Ty Willingham should still have that job...but alas, its over and Ty has moved on, so I guess I should too

1) Vince Young not a franchise QB...he's not a classic pocket passer, but he's a great leader, an incredible athlete, and with better receivers his paltry 50% completion rate last year would've been closer to 60% (lots of drops)...as a rookie, I can't think how much more you'd expect from the guy.

Back to my point...I may be new to this community, and I don't live in KC so I haven't read this guy much...but I certify him as a dumb-a**...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    What a dumb-***...

'Nough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...as well as the Chiefs.

NFL Truths: Colts won't start strong

Jason Whitlock / FOXSports.com
    Posted: 1 hour ago

Well, it's finally here. The NFL season, the reason I live, the reason you gamble, the reason I write The Truth and nothing but The Truth every Thursday throughout the NFL season.

My "NFL Truths" column is the bible for hardcore football fans and media. This is the column that starts every Thursday for Tony Dungy, Bill Belichick, Peter King, Michael Silver, Roger Goodell and Rae Carruth.
    OK, let's quit the hype. Here are your 10 NFL Truths for week 1:
    10. The Saints are my Super Bowl pick

Yep, I spent all last year trashing the New Orleans Saints. I thought they were overhyped because of their return to hurricane-ravaged New Orleans. I wasn't sold on Drew Brees recovering from the shoulder injury that ended his San Diego career.
    Well, I love the Saints this year. I love Brees. I love Deuce and Reggie. I like their receiving corps, even though they let go of Joe Horn prematurely. I love their defensive ends, Will Smith and Charles Grant. And I like their secondary.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...40813162&ATT=5
    They didn't look like a Superbowl team last night.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

What??? Is it possible that an analyst got it wrong?? Hey Hillbilly did u see this...and analysts who dosen't know sh*t. Never thought I would see the day!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    What??? Is it possible that an analyst got it wrong?? Hey Hillbilly did u see this...and analysts who dosen't know sh*t. Never thought I would see the day!!
    Before you get all excited Canada, remember

A) The Saints are in the much weaker NFC where they could still make it through to the Super Bowl

B) They were playing the defending champion Ponies. Who can be dominate.

The Saints looked bad, but many teams have against the Colts over the past few years.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

I just thought that if an analyst said it then I must be wrong and they must be right. I don't really know anything compared to most of them. Well kiddies it is time to go get some breakfast and go to the beer store. My week off begins today!! Talk to you all later!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I just thought that if an analyst said it then I must be wrong and they must be right. I don't really know anything compared to most of them. Well kiddies it is time to go get some breakfast and go to the beer store. My week off begins today!! Talk to you all later!!
    Enjoy the time off, and I agree with you as far as most of the analysts go. Many of them are blowing smoke, especially the guys who spent time in the NFL. Those guys are usually pretty good at breaking down games and plays after they've happened, but they're horrible at actually "predicting games"...look at the pre-game shows, the non-football guy almost always wins their season long "make your picks" games.

They may know more about football, but they're too busy trying to learn a new gig (TV or radio) to actually apply said knowledge. Meanwhile I'm sitting in my car listening to the news, sitting on my couch watching games for the past 25-30 years, and learning trends and watching how different moves/players/coaches affect teams and guess what, I have a pretty sick record when it comes to predicting outcomes.

I'm not alone...fans consistently beat "experts" at these type of prediction games. Not all the fans, but 20% or more...that would be most of us. The lunatic fringe that follows football in as many mediums as we can get. Many, including my family, might refer to us as addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Enjoy the time off, and I agree with you as far as most of the analysts go. Many of them are blowing smoke, especially the guys who spent time in the NFL. Those guys are usually pretty good at breaking down games and plays after they've happened, but they're horrible at actually "predicting games"...look at the pre-game shows, the non-football guy almost always wins their season long "make your picks" games.

They may know more about football, but they're too busy trying to learn a new gig (TV or radio) to actually apply said knowledge. Meanwhile I'm sitting in my car listening to the news, sitting on my couch watching games for the past 25-30 years, and learning trends and watching how different moves/players/coaches affect teams and guess what, I have a pretty sick record when it comes to predicting outcomes.

I'm not alone...fans consistently beat "experts" at these type of prediction games. Not all the fans, but 20% or more...that would be most of us. The lunatic fringe that follows football in as many mediums as we can get. Many, including my family, might refer to us as addicts.
    atleast we are dedicated!!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    atleast we are dedicated!!
    I wasn't saying it was bad...I'm just stuck at step 2...no longer in denial, but not wanting to do anything about it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast