Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who will be the best fantasy option this year for the Chiefs

Default who will be the best fantasy option this year for the Chiefs

So who do you guys think is going to be the best fantasy option this year and why?

Charles or Jones I dont think any of the recivers will put up big fantasy numbers. Whoever is getting the most carries between them I would say would be the best bet.

Charles will be fantasy star again this year. The sleepers I believe are going to be Matt Cassel or Dwayne Bowe, if they both can take the next step into their game with better coaching, they should be great.

Resident Celebrity

javier arenas should be a good defender to have, that is if your league gives points for kick returns

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Charles or Jones I dont think any of the recivers will put up big fantasy numbers. Whoever is getting the most carries between them I would say would be the best bet.
    My fear about Charles is that he's going to turn into a modern-day Warrick Dunn (fantasy-wise). A guy who racks up 1200+ yards a year but almost no TDs because he doesn't get the goalline carries.

I think either Bowe or Chambers will get 1000+ yards, 10 TDs, but I'm not sure which one. My bet would be Chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    My fear about Charles is that he's going to turn into a modern-day Warrick Dunn (fantasy-wise). A guy who racks up 1200+ yards a year but almost no TDs because he doesn't get the goalline carries.

I think either Bowe or Chambers will get 1000+ yards, 10 TDs, but I'm not sure which one. My bet would be Chambers.
    It's possible, but I think he's much closer to Chris Johnson who hasn't had any problems scoring TD's.

Chris Johnson 5'11" 200lbs.
    Jamaal Charles 5'11" 199 lbs.
    Warrick Dunn 5'9" 187 lbs.

Chris Johnson has a little more speed, but they have very similar running styles and body types. Although, I do agree that Thomas Jones will get the bulk of the goal line carries(as he should), similar to how Lendale White stole a lot of TD carries from CJ a few years ago.

I worry mostly about the durability of Charles.

While Charles may put up the most fantasy points, the player I'd be most likely to draft off the Chiefs is Chambers. He will likely be available in the 8th round or so as a receiver that many of the pundits aren't selecting to have a great season, but he has historically had some good seasons, has a good schedule, and if the running game improves should see a fair amount of single coverage.

I like him as a mid-round sleeper.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I think McCluster could end up racking up considerable all-purpose yards.. But who knows..

Matt Cassel. A better O-line and more Experience w/ the recievers and backs. 25 td's 13 Int's 3500 yards.

I would definitely take Cassel as my primary backup. Noone, aside from a Chiefs fan, will be taking him as a starter.

But I expect that the offense will get to open up quite a bit from where it was last season, with all teams able to play up close to the line.

Beyond that, I like Charles, but he will be going too early with the noise he made late last season. Not sure how high I would value him this season.

And our WR situation is too spread out right now. Never know who will rise above the rest.

So I would say Cassel will be the best deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast