Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Past to Present

Default Past to Present

In looking at our 2009/10 Kansas City Chiefs team...if you could pick one Chiefs player from the any time in the past to add to our current team who would it be and why?
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    and on Tecmo Superbowl it was very difficult to tackle him.......but the image that haunts me about him is his play against denver when atwater put him down......friends love to bring that one up to me
    His entire career, and the donkey fans can only remember knocking him down once?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    His entire career, and the donkey fans can only remember knocking him down once?
    no they love their 2 staright super bowls....their undying love for elway..

but when the super bowl is brought up i like to bring up the super bowl where the 49ers kicked there *** and it took them so many tries to actually win one.

but thats what its about is super bowls and my faider friends and donkey friends love to run there super bowls in my face

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post
    In looking at our 2009/10 Kansas City Chiefs team...if you could pick one Chiefs player from the any time in the past to add to our current team who would it be and why?
    Without a second thought...Derrick Thomas!

Why? I'm sure y'all don't need an explantion, haha. However...not just because of his defensive abilities on the field, but he brought heart to the team. I'm partial to DT no doubt, but I don't think the Chiefs have had the same 'heart' since DT's loss. He had such an undeniable presence on the field & off with the team & fans.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Arrowhead has been as loud since the DT era either.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Without a second thought...Derrick Thomas!

Why? I'm sure y'all don't need an explantion, haha. However...not just because of his defensive abilities on the field, but he brought heart to the team. I'm partial to DT no doubt, but I don't think the Chiefs have had the same 'heart' since DT's loss. He had such an undeniable presence on the field & off with the team & fans.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Arrowhead has been as loud since the DT era either.
    I would love to see that return to Arrowhead, if for no other reason then to honor Derrick.

OOPS! I automatically posted my reply before reading all the other replies, haha. Okay, so no DT I read.

In that case...I would choose HANK STRAM!! A Head Coach is a team member too, no? lol

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

OOPS! I automatically posted my reply before reading all the other replies, haha. Okay, so no DT I read.

In that case...I would choose HANK STRAM!! A Head Coach is a team member too, no? lol
    "Keep matriculatin the ball down field Lenny!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I would love to see that return to Arrowhead, if for no other reason then to honor Derrick.
    I only get to attend 2-3 games per season for many factors, including having family come to the house on game day.

Though I don't attend every home game, I've noticed Arrowhead just isn't as loud as it use to be. I'm not sure if DT's absence is directly related or not, but it wasn't long after his loss I began to notice AH not being as loud.

It could be many newer fans just don't get how important it is for fans to participate defensively with noise, I dunno. I know I see many fans not doing all they can to create critical noise defensively. Lordy, I remember the days AH was so loud people put their fingers in their ears, haha. As well as remember our legitimate claim for being, "The loudest stadium in the NFL".

We need defensive players to rile up the fans as much as possible...DT did that. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    "Keep matriculatin the ball down field Lenny!"
    I know, hahaha. Wasn't he GREAT with words! I love it!

I have an arched entrance to the lower levels main room, where we watch the games if entertaining groups. I've always planned to hand paint that very quote over the arch, but didn't get around to it. I should put it once again on my to do list, before regular season starts. Heck, it wouldn't take me long to paint it, just need to do it! :)

I know, hahaha. Wasn't he GREAT with words! I love it!

I have an arched entrance to the lower levels main room, where we watch the games if entertaining groups. I've always planned to hand paint that very quote over the arch, but didn't get around to it. I should put it once again on my to do list, before regular season starts. Heck, it wouldn't take me long to paint it, just need to do it! :)
    Glad I could inspire you kiddo! :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234