Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct TV Question

Default Direct TV Question

So Direct TV is going to be here Tuesday to install, and I was just wondering, does it cost more to have the dish installed ground level, or at least somewhere where i can get to it?

I don't have a ladder so i absolutely do not want it on the roof, i am hoping they can put it somewhere i can reach it off the ground. I am 6'3 so that should help the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    So Direct TV is going to be here Tuesday to install, and I was just wondering, does it cost more to have the dish installed ground level, or at least somewhere where i can get to it?

I don't have a ladder so i absolutely do not want it on the roof, i am hoping they can put it somewhere i can reach it off the ground. I am 6'3 so that should help the cause.
    I don't know if it costs more, but they have the means to install it on a tripod looking thing. I see a lot of apartment people with that setup. As long as they can see the Southern Ski.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I don't know if it costs more, but they have the means to install it on a tripod looking thing. I see a lot of apartment people with that setup. As long as they can see the Southern Ski.
    Thanks Vern!!!

Not sure why you would want to be able to get to it. I have had DirecTV for 8 years now at my home, Lakehouse and bars and never once have had a need to touch any of the dishes. Just my two cents. I would leave it alone once they installed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Not sure why you would want to be able to get to it. I have had DirecTV for 8 years now at my home, Lakehouse and bars and never once have had a need to touch any of the dishes. Just my two cents. I would leave it alone once they installed it.
    Well my buddy who has Dish Network, says he always has to climb his *** on the roof to wipe snow off, and re adjust it sometimes. I don't know if that's a common occurrence, or not.

Well my buddy who has Dish Network, says he always has to climb his *** on the roof to wipe snow off, and re adjust it sometimes. I don't know if that's a common occurrence, or not.
    He lives in Arizona So I guess he just has to clear sand off it!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I have never had to adjust mine. I live in Southern California so I don't worry about snow. Occasionally, I have to go chase the damn flying rats off of it. (Seagulls)

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I agree. I live in Michigan and we get our fair share of snow. I've only had DirecTV for one year, but I never had to wipe anything off the dish.

AHHHHHH.....I did not consider that. The bald one is correct, I live in Az so we don't have to shovel the sunshine. Good luck.

AHHHHHH.....I did not consider that. The bald one is correct, I live in Az so we don't have to shovel the sunshine. Good luck.
    Was there ever any doubt?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast