Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo Neal?

Default Lorenzo Neal?

Apparently Lorenzo Neal was cut by the Faiders. He is apparently healthy, just didnt fit into their plans. I do not know how much our Offense is going to use the FB, but I wonder if he is worth getting. He was always setting up LT with his blocking back when LT was hurt every week.

I am not dissatisfied with Mike Cox, I just havent seen anything from him because he wasnt much used last year. Curious to hear the thoughts of those who have seen our offense play.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    If our line can hold up and LJ can stop being a little ***** and run the ball, then we need a good FB like the old days (well not that old) with Tony Richardson
    I know its just preseason but LJ was running with authority those 4 carries compared to last year.

Last year one little dink and LJ would fall down but after watching this one preseason game LJ was running like the LJ of old

With a chip on his shoulder. If he can keep that up throughout the season we shouldn't have to worry to much about the RB position with Battle/Charles to pick up behind him.

Haley said the starters would play at least the first half tonight. But so far he hasn't said who the starters would be. I'm wondering if he is going to give Cassel some time with Bowe, Toomer, Ingram and Bradley. The depth chart hasn't been updated, so I guess we'll wait til game time to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    as do i......as do i..
    Hello...Hello...Hello...

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Haley said the starters would play at least the first half tonight. But so far he hasn't said who the starters would be. I'm wondering if he is going to give Cassel some time with Bowe, Toomer, Ingram and Bradley. The depth chart hasn't been updated, so I guess we'll wait til game time to find out.
    ...This.

I think we're good with Cox. Carrying 2 fullbacks is wasting a roster spot, and LJ was 9th in the league last year in YPC among backs with at least 100 carries playing with Cox.

Neal's nice, but he's old and wouldn't be around very long. Cox is only 24.

By the way, I still believe that this will be a pass happy offense. Haley's background is with wide receivers and the passing game, and our defense probably isn't going to be great so we may have to abandon the run sometimes.

Pass blocking wasn't that bad, at least for the first team offense. Cassel wasn't sacked and Croyle was only sacked once. The backups sucked though, Thigpen was running for his life out there.
    Last edited by yashi; 08-21-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Plus its fun yelling "Look out for Mike Cox" during the game!! :)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Plus its fun yelling "Look out for Mike Cox" during the game!! :)

Anytime you can make an upgrade at any position that's a good thing and Lorenzo Neal even with his age would be an upgrade for us at the FB position. In my opinion FB is one of the most underrated positions on the field. Having a good FB like Neal would really help us out in the running game and would help to make up for the fact that our O-line still needs some work to be done.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

if we can pick him up cheap then have a look. if the faiders cut him then there must not be much left in the tank.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

My stance on signing Neal has changed a little since that last game after seeing how little running room we had. I'm still not sure how much we'll utilize a fullback, but I think it's safe to say the more blockers protecting Cassel, the better.

At this point I almost think we should sign Lorenzo Neal and plug him at right tackle... or maybe we can become the first team that I can ever remember to use 2 fullbacks in a split back formation.

Didnt he have knee surgery last year? I would imagine it would be worth a tryout at least, I am trusting Pioli knows better than most if he has anything left in the tank...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast