Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs vs Vikings!!!

Default Chiefs vs Vikings!!!

It is started and let me be the first to say that Farve looks funny in purple!!!

Stopped them on the fourth down already! Sweet!!!

How was that last play Lelie's fault again? The pass was just thrown a little too deep for Lelie to get both feet in. That and the defender gave him a little nudge out of bounds.

Lelie definately made some good grabs, even if they weren't complete. I hope he makes the squad and becomes our next Kennison. We really need somebody to stretch the field.

Thanks Aussie!

I know this is preseason, but clearly one we should have won.

There were definitely some positives to take from that game. Cassell didn't look very rusty to me- he looked mobile, aware, and had some good zing on the ball. Bowe looks really sharp. I thought, considering how good the #1 Viking D is, that LJ did a pretty good job running, considering...

The awfulness of our starting 5 linemen. They seem to just need some communication and cohesion. The one I thought looked really weak was Waters. Well, ok, Barry Richardson did, too.

There were a lot of drops in the second half- not a good way for some of those cats to make the team, but some of our backup O-line guys were pretty good.

Our other majorly disappointing unit tonight were our defensive backs. Disorganized, inattentive, seemingly confused dudes, eager to run up and play good ball on the run, but couldn't cover a floor if they were spilled paint.

Let's hope the next game goes a wee tad better.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    There were definitely some positives to take from that game. Cassell didn't look very rusty to me- he looked mobile, aware, and had some good zing on the ball. Bowe looks really sharp. I thought, considering how good the #1 Viking D is, that LJ did a pretty good job running, considering...

The awfulness of our starting 5 linemen. They seem to just need some communication and cohesion. The one I thought looked really weak was Waters. Well, ok, Barry Richardson did, too.

There were a lot of drops in the second half- not a good way for some of those cats to make the team, but some of our backup O-line guys were pretty good.

Our other majorly disappointing unit tonight were our defensive backs. Disorganized, inattentive, seemingly confused dudes, eager to run up and play good ball on the run, but couldn't cover a floor if they were spilled paint.

Let's hope the next game goes a wee tad better.

jb
    Nice analysis! The O-linemen and D-backs were glaringly inept tonight.

I was pretty happy with Cassel, making some good throws and looking off defensive backs, also making some plays on his feet.

Bowe is obviously a stud. Other receivers not so much.

The pass rush looks very good. Hali could be rejuvenated in the new system. He and Vrabel could be playmakers on defense this season.

Jackson looks good and gets all over the place. I really like him so far.

Our offensive line sucks. I have a feeling this will be priority #1 next offseason.

DaJuan Morgan sucks and needs to be cut. The long TD pass was blown coverage, and he gave up a big play later on as well.

Jackie Battle looks great and moves really well for a 238 pound guy.

Savage is scrappy and seems to always be going 100% until the whistle is blown.

Croyle looks like the Croyle of old to me still. He takes too long to make a decision, is afraid to throw a pass longer than 10 yards, and isn't very accurate. He throws a nice ball, but it usually doesn't hit the receiver.

I liked what I saw from Gutierrez.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I was pretty happy with Cassel, making some good throws and looking off defensive backs, also making some plays on his feet.

Bowe is obviously a stud. Other receivers not so much.

The pass rush looks very good. Hali could be rejuvenated in the new system. He and Vrabel could be playmakers on defense this season.

Jackson looks good and gets all over the place. I really like him so far.

Our offensive line sucks. I have a feeling this will be priority #1 next offseason.

DaJuan Morgan sucks and needs to be cut. The long TD pass was blown coverage, and he gave up a big play later on as well.

Jackie Battle looks great and moves really well for a 238 pound guy.

Savage is scrappy and seems to always be going 100% until the whistle is blown.

Croyle looks like the Croyle of old to me still. He takes too long to make a decision, is afraid to throw a pass longer than 10 yards, and isn't very accurate. He throws a nice ball, but it usually doesn't hit the receiver.

I liked what I saw from Gutierrez.
    He just needs to hang on to the ball.

Default Just got done watching on NFL net

1st post. woo-hoo! Glad to join the fun! Hmmm, must say looked good early, but without Allen and Williams on the front (for Min), the O performance is a bit tarnished and of course the D looked good against Favre, but he has only been there a week and they got shredded by T.Jackson...c'mon.

The last plays really bothered me, I would have run a naked boot on 2nd or 3rd down from the one and I HATE the fade pass on 4th down to the corner. That is desparate, I would rather see a slant in that situation.

But overall, they sure looked better than last year, which vs. the texans they looked pathetic and very 2008-ish. Sad to say, I found myself wanting to win this game bad, I even gave a fist pound to the pillow on a couple occasions in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by H-townChiefsFan View Post
    1st post. woo-hoo! Glad to join the fun! Hmmm, must say looked good early, but without Allen and Williams on the front (for Min), the O performance is a bit tarnished and of course the D looked good against Favre, but he has only been there a week and they got shredded by T.Jackson...c'mon.

The last plays really bothered me, I would have run a naked boot on 2nd or 3rd down from the one and I HATE the fade pass on 4th down to the corner. That is desparate, I would rather see a slant in that situation.

But overall, they sure looked better than last year, which vs. the texans they looked pathetic and very 2008-ish. Sad to say, I found myself wanting to win this game bad, I even gave a fist pound to the pillow on a couple occasions in the 4th quarter.
    Typed the words right off my keyboard!

Welcome aboard the Crowd! :)

Default Thank you...

just got done wrapping up my 'inquisition'...errrr, I mean newbie post on the new user deal.....

just not sure what to think yet...you?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast