Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs vs Vikings!!!

Default Chiefs vs Vikings!!!

It is started and let me be the first to say that Farve looks funny in purple!!!

Stopped them on the fourth down already! Sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    ...or Charles.
    ...or everyone!

Haley was ready to burst after the last play.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Seems like we all agree about how the team looks right now!

Positives:
    - Pass rush looks good finally.
    - Cassel is playing very well when he gets a chance to drop back and throw.
    - Succop is the real deal.
    - Run D held the best running back in the league in check.
    - Bowe is a stud.

Negatives:
    - Offensive line can't protect Cassel or create holes in the running game.
    - No return game whatsoever.
    - Absolutely dreadful once the first team is out of the game. No depth at all.

As mentioned, I think Pioli is going to need to take a good hard look at Runyan or Tauscher. Richardson/McIntosh is not going to get it done, and I'm kind of dissapointed we didn't manage to replace Niswanger with Jason Brown when he was available. As much as he would have cost, we absolutely have to protect the investment that is Cassel or he's going to become really meaningless really fast no matter how good he is.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I am going to try to go a little outside the box (not far) everyone knows how offensive the O Line is, Several have commented about Cassel looking good.

One thing I pulled from this Corey Mays looked really really good, reading a little about him, he was a free agent pickup in New England, then went to Cincy for a year and hasnt really played. Thinking Pioli remembered him and hoping he has something special that hasnt been discovered.

I have to disagree with the earlier poster, I thought that Savage looked bad, and as far as keeping Lelie and having another Kennison, why would we want that I never liked Kennison to begin with, and Lelie has no sense of where he is on the field he likes to drop the ball, I think the other teams were right to drop this clown. I think we are better off with any mix of Engram, Toomer, Copper, Bradley, Quinten Lawrence, maybe even Taurus Johnson and we know BOWE who will hopefully be the #1 reciever.

So my thoughts are
    Bowe, Toomer,
    Bradley, Copper Engram
    Lawrence for Special Teams and Taurus Johnson on the practice squad, leaving no room for Darling, Lelie, or Rodney Wright. ... thoughts on that.

And yes I know Darling is listed as a starter on the depth chart at the moment but Bowe is also listed 3 and I dont think that holds much weight yet. I just haven't seen anything from Darling this year, I could be way off or maybe Haley has seen more in practice. We will see.

For Running Backs

Johnson, Battle, Charles

Wondering what happened to drop Kolby Smith off of everyones radar, he was a starter for a while or at least backup but I haven't heard much of anything about him this year.

Fullback Mike Cox

Tight Ends Brad Cottam, Sean Ryan

QuarterBacks

Can anyone see a situation where we go light at some position to start the season with 4 QBs, possiby if Thiggy ends up on IR, but I dont think his injury is that bad. My thought is that all 4 QBs make the first cut. From there it would be nice to work a trade to a team in need Brodie Croyle (who will need to show what he is showing a while longer) for a good RT or a serviceable RT and serviceable Center or Guard. This avoids the situation where we cut someone and then someone is given a gift. I feel the 4 QBs we have are all good enough to be starters or at least good backups in the NFL if they can stay healthy. My fear is that even with the productivity last year, the poor coaching, poor play calling, and poor o-line / supporting players that Thiggy could be cut to make room for the Gutierrez. Tough call overall with this crop of QBs.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I did notice however that way to familiar was not being able to finish the game, grasping defeat out of the jaws of victory as they did so many times back in 2008. I realize this was the third string and its preseason, and the game meant nothing on the books. But I am sure it meant a ton to Haley, to the team (at least first string) and the front office to have one in the win column.

Last year if we could have finished games the way they were started the won loss record would have been way different. I still blame this on Hermie.

Copper sucks. We need to bring in Harrison. Yes, I am desperate.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ-CDngIx1w"]YouTube - NFL-Vikings 17, Chiefs 13[/ame]
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

1st and goal from the one and couldn't score to win the game. Our reserves vs their reserves and couldn't get it in.
    Man.
    SHUT IT

hope we're not back to bad play calling again
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    hope we're not back to bad play calling again
    My feeling exactly. If we can't go 1 yard in 4 plays to win a game, we could be in for a long year. Preseason or not. Reserves or not. We needed that score.
    SHUT IT

We needed that score, but we also needed a win. Even a pre-season win goes a long way with morale.

And I agree- you ought to be able to get ONE stinkin' yard in 4 plays. I thought a fade pattern was a bad choice- rolling Gutierrez out would have made for a better play.

But I'm not calling the plays.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast