Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs vs Vikings!!!

Default Chiefs vs Vikings!!!

It is started and let me be the first to say that Farve looks funny in purple!!!

Stopped them on the fourth down already! Sweet!!!

After this last preseason game against the Vikes I think it had become abundantly clear that the Chiefs need to look back into the FA to address this debacle known simply as our 'offensive line'. I think we have enough talent to scrape by at WR once cuts start to come around, shaving some of the dead weight that runs around out there I believe can free up some room for the F.O. to bring in some 'talent' and protect the multi- million dollar man in the backfield from being shredded game in and game out.

Lets be clear here, the offensive line is a mess. There are five positions on the line and only two of them, Albert and Waters (maybe Goff but thats pushing it after what we've seen so far) can be penciled in as anything other then a question mark or a significant minus in talent.

There are still some quality vet out there still avalible for the Chiefs to possibly sign to patch this shoddy unit and protect Cassel (at least for this season) that I believe that Pioli and Co. have to be considering after seeing the first unit (and I use that term lightly) get demolished by a Viking defensive unit utilizing only 50% of its starting defensive line.

Free Agents the Chiefs need to be considering:

Right Tackle

Jon Runyan - Best RT avalible and a solid starter for the entirety of his career. While being 35 is a tick against him he's still a significant upgrade over Sack-intosh and Barry Richardson and if stop gap players are what we're looking for (as well as quality veterans to mentor the youth on this team) then there is no better RT better then Runyan avalible.

Mark Tauscher - 2nd Best RT avalible. Pending the healing of his ACL he'd be a marked improvement in any form over what we have now.

Jonas Jennings - LT/RT. He's had injury problems the last few years but the guy was solid in Buffalo before he signed big with the 49ers. If he can be solid for one more year maybe two, thats all we need, consistency.

Levi Jones
    - T. I'm putting Levi last because of the transition from LT to RT. He's a talented tackle when healthy but always seems to have some form of injury.

There isn't a decent Center avalilbe so were stuck with Nice-wanger and the Guch to gut it out with, which isn't promising. Goff has looked...well nothing spectacular but servicable so lets hope he improves.

Quote Originally Posted by H-townChiefsFan View Post
    just got done wrapping up my 'inquisition'...errrr, I mean newbie post on the new user deal.....

just not sure what to think yet...you?
    I think you pretty well described the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    After this last preseason game against the Vikes I think it had become abundantly clear that the Chiefs need to look back into the FA to address this debacle known simply as our 'offensive line'. I think we have enough talent to scrape by at WR once cuts start to come around, shaving some of the dead weight that runs around out there I believe can free up some room for the F.O. to bring in some 'talent' and protect the multi- million dollar man in the backfield from being shredded game in and game out.

Lets be clear here, the offensive line is a mess. There are five positions on the line and only two of them, Albert and Waters (maybe Goff but thats pushing it after what we've seen so far) can be penciled in as anything other then a question mark or a significant minus in talent.

There are still some quality vet out there still avalible for the Chiefs to possibly sign to patch this shoddy unit and protect Cassel (at least for this season) that I believe that Pioli and Co. have to be considering after seeing the first unit (and I use that term lightly) get demolished by a Viking defensive unit utilizing only 50% of its starting defensive line.

Free Agents the Chiefs need to be considering:

Right Tackle

Jon Runyan - Best RT avalible and a solid starter for the entirety of his career. While being 35 is a tick against him he's still a significant upgrade over Sack-intosh and Barry Richardson and if stop gap players are what we're looking for (as well as quality veterans to mentor the youth on this team) then there is no better RT better then Runyan avalible.

Mark Tauscher - 2nd Best RT avalible. Pending the healing of his ACL he'd be a marked improvement in any form over what we have now.

Jonas Jennings - LT/RT. He's had injury problems the last few years but the guy was solid in Buffalo before he signed big with the 49ers. If he can be solid for one more year maybe two, thats all we need, consistency.

Levi Jones
    - T. I'm putting Levi last because of the transition from LT to RT. He's a talented tackle when healthy but always seems to have some form of injury.

There isn't a decent Center avalilbe so were stuck with Nice-wanger and the Guch to gut it out with, which isn't promising. Goff has looked...well nothing spectacular but servicable so lets hope he improves.
    Yup, that group of linemen are aptly named: "Offensive".

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    Johnson is running like a bum.. looks to be same o same o from him and charles wtf is with the fumble! gimme BATTLE
    Did you see our o-line??

Regarding starters(1st half)

Positives:
    1. Cassell looked good
    2. Dbowe looks good.
    3. We MAY finally have a pass rush. I am loving the defensive packages that we are throwing out there. This is the reason I became a Chiefs fan. Blitz packages, 3-4, LB's flying around everywhere. I love it!
    4. Succop

Negatives:
    1. Our offensive line. I expected it to look bad against Minnesota's front 7, but wow. Cassell performance was even more impressive considering the lack of time and space that he had to operate in.
    2. Kick returning
    3. This team has no depth and it is glaring on specials teams.

Summary:
    We held our own in the 1st half when the starters were playing. Minnesota is no slouch and could threaten to win the NFC. Our O-line looked awful, but Minnesota probably has the best pass rush we will see all year. This team looks like it can compete with other AFC West teams. I am excited by what I saw tonight. I am really excited about the new defensive schemes and blitz packages that we will be running. I give this game a thumbs up based upon the performance of the 1st stringers.
    Last edited by Coach; 08-22-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Regarding starters(1st half)

Positives:
    1. Cassell looked good
    2. Dbowe looks good.
    3. We MAY finally have a pass rush. I am loving the defensive packages that we are throwing out there. This is the reason I became a Chiefs fan. Blitz packages, 3-4, LB's flying around everywhere. I love it!
    4. Succop

Negatives:
    1. Our offensive line. I expected it to look bad against Minnesota's front 7, but wow. Cassell performance was even more impressive considering the lack of time and space that he had to operate in.
    2. Kick returning
    3. This team has no depth and it is glaring on specials teams.

Summary:
    We held our own in the 1st half when the starters were playing. Minnesota is no slouch and could threaten to win the NFC. Our O-line looked awful, but Minnesota probably has the best pass rush we will see all year. This team looks like it can compete with other AFC West teams. I am excited by what I saw tonight. I am really excited about the new defensive schemes and blitz packages that we will be running. I give this game a thumbs up based upon the performance of the 1st stringers.
    Right on Coach! You gotta love the pressure. I think there should a neutral slot to. And I would put play calling in there. Some of the plays seem predictable. Why would you call a Corner jump route from the 1 yard line? I know it was the 3rd and 4th string, but they could have won the game.

I guess what really matters is that week kept the best running team in the NFL at bay and won in the first half with our starters
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    He just needs to hang on to the ball.
    I think your thinking of Savage.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think your thinking of Savage.
    ...or Charles.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

WOW!!!! I guess I have to echo what most are already saying....O Line was terrible!!!! I see a reoccurring theme here. Secondary was bad as well. I liked what Cassel did however I did notice that when he did start to get it together, he was in the shotgun EVERY play AND we had our first team in there against there second and thirds. I like his play action ability but I fear that unless that O line gets it together, we will again be a one dimensional team thereby letting teams double the WR's and shutting out offense down. 3 weeks left of camp so maybe they can fix some things before Baltimore!!!!!

4 fumbles!! that just will not do!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast