Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowe to Jets -a rumor

Default Bowe to Jets -a rumor

Jets targeting Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe?
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2009 7:32 AM ET
    Apparently, Jets coach Rex Ryan has stopped talking long enough to realize that his team has yet to find a capable replacement for receiver Laveranues Coles.

And so the Jets, per Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News, have had preliminary discussions with a few teams regarding a trade for a veteran wideout.

According to Cimini, the biggest name on the team's radar is Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall. Though the Broncos have shown no willingness to trade Marshall, the relationship between player and team is tenuous, to say the least. That said, Marshall has way too many question marks hovering over his career, both on and off the field.

Cimini also floats the name of Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe as a possible target, but we can't imagine Kansas City trading one of their only quality players -- cough . . . Tony Gonzalez . . . cough.

As Cimini points out, Jets G.M. Mike Tannebaum has a reputation for making deals late in the preseason. Still, it's difficult for a receiver to make an impact in a new offense without the benefit of participating in the offseason program and training camp.

But it nevertheless looks like something could be happening. And that's good news for the Jets, because beyond Jerricho Cotchery the team doesn't have many quality targets for rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez.

pretty bad rumor. but its florio.

seriously the Chiefs already proved that they don't have much in the way of 'young talent' at the WR position so I don't see how anyone can be so dumb as to speculate that they would even remotely consider trading the only young bright spot at the position.

edit: i mean the Chiefs are in the same boat as the Jets concerning young WR talent/depth/viable targets for Cassel so what gives anyone the gall to even consider they'd trade their best WR prospect?

edit2: and what would Rich Cimini know about anything concerning the Chiefs reporting for the New York Daily News considering how little national coverage the Chiefs get?
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 08-19-2009 at 09:07 AM.

I could see BM, but not D Bowe. We have no one else to go to. He is the new Tony Gonzalez and we can't afford to get rid of our only deep threat.

Who ever put Bowe in their article should be b*tch slapped for even thinking that.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

why the hell would we ever trade Bowe? He is our best receiver, and one of the few who aren't old as hell.

Never trade anything with the Jets. You might end up with Herm!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    we can't afford to get rid of our only deep threat.
    Since when is Dwayne Bowe a deep threat? He's shown no ability to go deep in his first two seasons. Dwayne is a possession receiver that can work the middle of the field. He has shown no knack for running a 9 route nor the quickness and top end speed to get behind a defense. Mark Bradley went deep more often than Dwayne Bowe last season. For his short career he has averaged 12.9 yards per catch, that's hardly a deep threat receiver.

That being said, I'd be mildly shocked if this rumor held any water. If Bowe can quit dropping passes, he's can become a solid possession reciever that can get first downs and move the chains, which is something the Chiefs desperately need minus Tony Gonzalez.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Never trade anything with the Jets. You might end up with Herm!!
    True enough, after that lousy deal, I would have the phone lines between Arrowhead and the New Jets Stadium cut!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I'm going to tell you, I would not put anything past Pioli and Haley. If Haley is after speedy receivers and that is what he wants on the team, then Bowe is likely available. I think it comes down to what the Jets might offer, and the price for Bowe would be pretty steep. If they are willing to pay the price, I could see a deal made.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Anybody not brought in by Pioli/Haley is fair game to get traded imho....
    SHUT IT

If we have Engram, Toomer, Copper, Washington, as our WRs we are going to be some serious trouble (combined with Sean Ryan, and Brad Cottam at TE)

Please do not trade Bowe, he is a drafted Chief whos actually good...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast