Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs vs Vikings, my review

Default Chiefs vs Vikings, my review

Positives:
    Defense against the run, looked solid. AP was a good test for us, and we held our ground.

3 sacks? That's something new.

COREY MAYS is a monster. Zach Thomas better get healthy before Corey Mays keeps doing good and takes his job.

Tyson Jackson did a nice job. He is only a rookie, and looks on the same page as every one else.

Cassel looked better, and showed some good pocket presence.

Jackie Battle did a good job as a RB, and on special teams.

Negatives:

Our secondary is doing awful. This is the second straight week we are getting passed on left and right. If we cant straighten our secondary out, we will struggle this season.

Our offensive line play was horrendous. Aside from Albert, and a few good blocks from B-Rich, we didn't hold our ground. We are just lucky JA and Pat Williams weren't playing.

2nd and 1, and we fail to get in the endzone off of three attempts. We need to practice that situation more.

Overall, our defense looked great, aside from the secondary. Our offense did a nice job, aside from blocking. Bowe and Cassel definetley have a rhythm, and Corey Mays was the MVP. Succop is going to be a nice kicker, something we haven't had in a while. Belcher is a diamond in the rough, and looks to be a special teams beast.

Quote Originally Posted by billb40 View Post
    Maybe because he has 11 defenders hanging on him as soon as he gets the ball. "O" line cannot block.
    Thank you.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Jackie Battle did a good job? He fumbled and we lost it... I will agree that when he held onto the ball he looked good but keep a hold of it!

I'll agree that Bowe looked good, now if only he'll keep a some what humble appearance. Our o-line looked like a pop warner line that couldn't hold back a defensive line of turtles running thru a sea of peanut butter. LJ....it's a matter of time before bad news Johnson comes back out and Haley just says here's your bag and there's the door.

Overall I think we looked a lot better than we did against Houston but we've got a very long way to go.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 08-24-2009 at 06:19 PM.

The hope is not Wilfork, the hope is Tank Tyler becomes that type of player now as the starting 3/4 NT. Dorsey/Tank/Jackson with Magee rotating is fantastic.

Agreed, Battle is losing his spot on the roster with his play in games...he cant keep fumbling as the bruising back. Cant happen. He needs to secure it, or he loses out to savage, I just doubt it due to his special teams play...something savage lacks, and charles doesnt participate in for good reasons.

Now if Charles can just hold the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SDChief09 View Post
    The hope is not Wilfork, the hope is Tank Tyler becomes that type of player now as the starting 3/4 NT. Dorsey/Tank/Jackson with Magee rotating is fantastic.

Agreed, Battle is losing his spot on the roster with his play in games...he cant keep fumbling as the bruising back. Cant happen. He needs to secure it, or he loses out to savage, I just doubt it due to his special teams play...something savage lacks, and charles doesnt participate in for good reasons.

Now if Charles can just hold the ball.
    I don't think Battle has worry about his roster spot unless his replacement is on anther team yet to be cut.

The Chiefs are looking for a back up to LJ. If LJ goes down, they want someone to pick up the just as if he never was out. Savage does not provide that. He runs hard and I love him, but he just is the same build as LJ and Battle. They will actually have to change the plays to accomodate Savage.

From a lot of the people the interview on the radio who visited camp. You know National reports. They all think Battle looks faster, stronger and more motivated than LJ. He just seems to run upright which causes him to fumble more.

I personally don't care for J. Charles. To me he is a player hyped up by the coaches and he has the Boomer Grigsby expecation from fans because of it. For a guys supposedly as fast as him. He certainly does not look that fast. Dante Hall made Charles look slow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12