Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs vs Vikings, my review

Default Chiefs vs Vikings, my review

Positives:
    Defense against the run, looked solid. AP was a good test for us, and we held our ground.

3 sacks? That's something new.

COREY MAYS is a monster. Zach Thomas better get healthy before Corey Mays keeps doing good and takes his job.

Tyson Jackson did a nice job. He is only a rookie, and looks on the same page as every one else.

Cassel looked better, and showed some good pocket presence.

Jackie Battle did a good job as a RB, and on special teams.

Negatives:

Our secondary is doing awful. This is the second straight week we are getting passed on left and right. If we cant straighten our secondary out, we will struggle this season.

Our offensive line play was horrendous. Aside from Albert, and a few good blocks from B-Rich, we didn't hold our ground. We are just lucky JA and Pat Williams weren't playing.

2nd and 1, and we fail to get in the endzone off of three attempts. We need to practice that situation more.

Overall, our defense looked great, aside from the secondary. Our offense did a nice job, aside from blocking. Bowe and Cassel definetley have a rhythm, and Corey Mays was the MVP. Succop is going to be a nice kicker, something we haven't had in a while. Belcher is a diamond in the rough, and looks to be a special teams beast.

First String Secondary isn't so bad.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

they had less than a min to play and a first and goal on the one. two right up the middle. zero. why didn't they run the QB outside with an opt to throw or run???? that was pathetic.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

cassel was running for his life 90% of time. no pass blocking from anyone. richardson look bad. even albert gave up a sack. our only good run was when macnsack came in for richardson,now thats hitting bottom. Hats off to cassel for doing so good with suckie o-line.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

i agree Cory Mays is a freaking Beast. I wouldn't be the least surprised to see him end up as a starter.

Yeah, our backup safeties were getting torched. Of course, our defense is having the same problem that it's had for year. Can't stop the bootleg.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

so far this year LJ looks slow and narrow vision. like he dosent want to cut it outside. just looks real slow, no 5th gear.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    i agree Cory Mays is a freaking Beast. I wouldn't be the least surprised to see him end up as a starter.
    The question I have, Where is DJ? It appears he is second string ILB and that is with ZT out.

I have been very impressed with Cory Hays. Wow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    so far this year LJ looks slow and narrow vision. like he dosent want to cut it outside. just looks real slow, no 5th gear.
    Glad it wasn't just me. He seems slow as hell.. like LenDale White slow. Jackie Battle is a good 10-15 lbs bigger than LJ and should not seem quicker and more explosive out of the backfield.

I'm not going to fault him because he really does seem to be fighting for every yard, but I'm worried that his legs are on a quick decline at this point in his career.

Maybe because he has 11 defenders hanging on him as soon as he gets the ball. "O" line cannot block.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast