Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Direct TV Question

Default Direct TV Question

So Direct TV is going to be here Tuesday to install, and I was just wondering, does it cost more to have the dish installed ground level, or at least somewhere where i can get to it?

I don't have a ladder so i absolutely do not want it on the roof, i am hoping they can put it somewhere i can reach it off the ground. I am 6'3 so that should help the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I agree. I live in Michigan and we get our fair share of snow. I've only had DirecTV for one year, but I never had to wipe anything off the dish.
    Now there's someone that shares the same climate. I think i will just let him put it wherever the signal is best then....

We have Directv and although we live in Northern Calif., my boyfriend used to live in Connecticut and New York and never ever had to go up onto the roof or where ever to move the dish.

The techs are very good at what they do and they will put it in the best possible place for the best reception and they will also do all the programming for you.

Just sit back and enjoy your Directv and NFL Sunday ticket like we have for 8 or 9 years now.

Women who behave,rarely make history.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    We have Directv and although we live in Northern Calif., my boyfriend used to live in Connecticut and New York and never ever had to go up onto the roof or where ever to move the dish.

The techs are very good at what they do and they will put it in the best possible place for the best reception and they will also do all the programming for you.

Just sit back and enjoy your Directv and NFL Sunday ticket like we have for 8 or 9 years now.
    Thanks Sweets! You guys have certainly made me feel better about making the big switch from cable to directv and sunday ticket.

Maybe its just dish network that has probs, cuz everyone on here seems to love it.

The only time we have had to deal with Directv again is when we moved and that was seamless and painless. You call them, let them know the address you're moving to, you take your box with you and they set up another dish at your new residence and voila....you kick back and enjoy...

Women who behave,rarely make history.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    So Direct TV is going to be here Tuesday to install, and I was just wondering, does it cost more to have the dish installed ground level, or at least somewhere where i can get to it?

I don't have a ladder so i absolutely do not want it on the roof, i am hoping they can put it somewhere i can reach it off the ground. I am 6'3 so that should help the cause.
    Mine is mounted to the lower level side retaining wall, basically ground level, didn't cost more, but that was a few yrs back. Ground level is best if possible of course. A few times over the yrs. I've had to go out & brush off snow or ice in winter to pull a signal.

I live on a high elevation, no trees or obstructions, so ground level is feasible...many don't however, have no choice but roof mount.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Was there ever any doubt?
    I thought that doubt was a given when you were speaking.

i live in buffalo, have had direct tv for 2 years now... never had a problem at all except when we had crazy winds one day here.. I strongly reccommend getting the insurance thing. like an extra 7 or 8 a month.. the wind blew the dish out of signal and because of the insurance no cost... look into it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12