Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Year!

Default Next Year!

Next year the Chiefs must address the O-Line, I think they need to do this via free agency and the Draft. I have a feeling that this year, Cassel is going to be on the run a lot, and that's not a good thing.

I was just watching some video of the game against the vikes, and I just dont think these boys are gonna cut it. They will be improved, but not nearly enough to establish a good running game or provide Cassel with adequate time to make good decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Next year the Chiefs must address the O-Line, I think they need to do this via free agency and the Draft. I have a feeling that this year, Cassel is going to be on the run a lot, and that's not a good thing.

I was just watching some video of the game against the vikes, and I just dont think these boys are gonna cut it. They will be improved, but not nearly enough to establish a good running game or provide Cassel with adequate time to make good decisions.
    You still have to remember that they were going up against the best D-line in the NFL, even without Williams and Allen. I know they aren't that good, but not many can take that line. Also, there's some new faces on the line, and they need some time to gel.

Am I saying they'll be good? Nope, but I think by mid-season, they'll be much better than this as long as no one gets injured.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    You still have to remember that they were going up against the best D-line in the NFL, even without Williams and Allen. I know they aren't that good, but not many can take that line. Also, there's some new faces on the line, and they need some time to gel.

Am I saying they'll be good? Nope, but I think by mid-season, they'll be much better than this as long as no one gets injured.
    Yeah i know how good the Vikes D Line is, but just imagine if Allen and Williams would have been in.......manslaughter.

I know we will be far better off then what we were last year, but we need to rebuild our line to match those of some of the better teams in the NFL. Lets face it, A great O-Line makes a decent quarterback a good one, a moderate running back a stud, and lifts the whole team up.

That is our biggest area of need, second being the Wide Receivers. I do not think Waters heart is in playing this year, and expect to see him gone next year. Niswanger is not really a center, would be better at Guard, IMO. Goff is just a stop gap, I was not impressed with him on Friday night. And Right Tackle is a mess as well. I would imagine we will be picking in the top 12 again next year. With a good crop of WR's next year, I say go WR in the first (prefer one who can return kicks and punts) and best RT or G in the second, with both our #2 picks.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

sign Levi Jones

We should have addressed it this year.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    We should have addressed it this year.
    Only so much you can fix in one year. Especially if you are being cap-conscious (ie not signing the mediocre likes of Jason Brown and Bart Scott to $8M/year contracts).

We went a long ways to fixing our DL, LB, and QB positions this offseason. We got better along the OL and WR corps, although we're obviously still a ways away.

And yeah, the OP is right, we need to upgrade at OG and RT very badly this offseason. And we need to get younger at LB. And perhaps we'll need to sign a top WR (we're not going to draft one in the first).

It goes to show how bad the last regime was in its personnel decisions that we can upgrade (or at least remain constant) at pretty much every position in 2009 except TE and still be as bad as we are.

We still need a nose tackle...They will be looking for another D lineman if we get a top 10 pick, i think Pioli has proved that...Hopefully they can sign and draft OT and G with one of their 2nd round picks...i think a receiver in the 2nd round would be a good idea too...lots of good wrs next year..

It is obviously way too early to tell what we will need next offseason. But I can tell you we probably will not draft a WR in the 1st 2 rounds, It will most definitely be a DL or OL. It doesnt seem to be Pioli's style. He likes late rounder/veterans, New England has never picked up a star WR (remember, Moss was thought to be completely done when he was traded).

The only way we go after a big name star is if Bowe shows that he cannot handle the #1 WR role, and even then I would bet more on a trade than drafting.

DL depends entirely on what Dorsey and the NTs do this year. If Dorsey and the NTs step up, I think we are a shoe-in for an OL in the 1st round. If the DL shows weaknesses, then we will definitely see DL and OL in the first rounds.

I would love to see a Beast of a RT in the 1st round next year. But I reserve the right to change that opinion over the next 8 months.

I agree we aren't going WR in the 1st next year, but Pioli did go TE in the 1st round a couple times (Watson and Graham), he traded a 2nd and 7th for Welker, and he drafted a few WRs in the 2nd (Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson come to mind).

Assuming we don't get a guy like Wilfork from the Pats in trade, I think next draft will be pretty heavy focused on NT, LB, and OL, in that order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast