Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Year!

Default Next Year!

Next year the Chiefs must address the O-Line, I think they need to do this via free agency and the Draft. I have a feeling that this year, Cassel is going to be on the run a lot, and that's not a good thing.

I was just watching some video of the game against the vikes, and I just dont think these boys are gonna cut it. They will be improved, but not nearly enough to establish a good running game or provide Cassel with adequate time to make good decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Next year the Chiefs must address the O-Line, I think they need to do this via free agency and the Draft. I have a feeling that this year, Cassel is going to be on the run a lot, and that's not a good thing.

I was just watching some video of the game against the vikes, and I just dont think these boys are gonna cut it. They will be improved, but not nearly enough to establish a good running game or provide Cassel with adequate time to make good decisions.
    Yeah, the O-line has been my biggest concern this pre-season. Sure don't want our starting QB getting hurt early on. Hopefully they'll improve soon, work better together to protect our QB against sacks, give him enough time he doesn't have to be on the run as much as feared.

We certainly became spoiled with Roaf, Shields, & others.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Yeah, the O-line has been my biggest concern this pre-season. Sure don't want our starting QB getting hurt early on. Hopefully they'll improve soon, work better together to protect our QB against sacks, give him enough time he doesn't have to be on the run as much as feared.

We certainly became spoiled with Roaf, Shields, & others.
    You can say that again sister!

The O-line I think has been a concern since we lost Roaf.

What early picks do we have next year? Our first and second and Atlanta's second?

2010 Draft:

1.-Terrence Cody NT (Bama)
    2.-Sam Young OT (Notre Dame)
    2.-Best WR or LB

Mount Cody can take a few blockers at 365 (I cant believe someone this heavy can move so fast... but even if he´s 340 is very impressive) and 6-5...I don't care how well Tank can do it, we need a real NT.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Poili went and traded for Moss in N.E. so he provide he can pull the trigger. he needs to do it again on a wr or a o-lineman. this time of year i think it willbe easier to get a big time wr than a good o-lineman.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I'd be tempted to draft O line in 1st and second rounds

I exspect us to pickup 3 to 6 players off waivers in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully we can get some help for the OL, Wr and LB there. If we don't get Wilford from NE via trage next off season, Cody has to be considered in the first round. Good for us that WR, LB and OL looks pretty good for next years draft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12