Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins

Default Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins

Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins.

The cost was likely a late-round draft pick. Alleman was bench-bound in Miami, but the Chiefs need all of the help they can get on the offensive line. He could push right guard Mike Goff for the starting job
    Andy Alleman

Vince Redd was let go to make room for Alleman? was there another drop today? to make room for Ndukwe?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I'll bet a shiny new nickel that Ike Ndukwe was brought to be our RT, not RG. And that our OL will be:

Albert/Waters/Allerman/Goff/Ndukwe
    Williamson agrees and I think you may be correct.

Kansas City Chiefs acquire offensive lineman Ikechuku Ndukwe, Andy Alleman from Miami Dolphins - ESPN

I'm glad Pioli's doing something about this mess of an OL.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

alleman is probably already better than our center now. Ndukwe moves to RT or OG for Goff.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Vince Redd was let go to make room for Alleman? was there another drop today? to make room for Ndukwe?
    I hope Barry Richardson has enjoyed his status as "employed." If he's not gone today, he will be so by at least the end of roster cuts. Niswanger too, probably.

By the way the two players cut were Vince Redd and Brian de la Puente.

Needless to say, we are richer for having lost both.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    Please God send me willie Roaf for christmas
    Please! Please! Please!

Could someone with insider put up the scouting reports on these guys?

Yay, kinda. Atleast I see attempt to fix a problem.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I was watching some of the highlights from Miami after hearing this and made a couple of observations...

Andy Alleman

Positives

Athletic, strong arm drive blocker. In run blocking he has quick feet and good recovery quickness. He's strong at the point of attack and can drive most lineman out of the way when run blocking. When he is equally matched in pass protection he's solid and can hold his ground with bigger DTs. A good run blocker and steady pass blocker.

Negatives

He plays too high. Stiff in the hips and will bolt himself to the ground and lunge in pass protection casuing him to over extend and lose position in protection. Against agile DTs he appeared to struggle keeping step for step with them do in part to poor footwork.

Overall

He's not a zone blocker. In most pass plays he covered his defficeny by playing too his strength in drive blocking, getting his hands inside the numbers quick and angling his man out of the play and making him a non factor. A definitive upgrade to the line when he plays to his strengths.

Ike Ndukwe

Positives

A wall. This guy is undeniably strong. Not as fast as Alleman (quicker then D-Mac) but is much more stout at the point of attack. A solid blocker in both the pass and run; once he has his hands on someone its practically game over. He is a much better zone blocker, taking good angles to compensate for his slower speed and able to strong arm strong DEs while being versitale enough to catch quicker bull rushers and litterally kill their momentum pushing them back with ease.

Negatives

He is a wall. The guy is not the best down field blocker. While he has adequate latteral speed and agility he is occassionaly beat by a quick inside move or outside speed rush. While he is undeniably strong he catches (allows for DEs to charge in to him) more often then not, relying on his strength and stability in his legs to hold off against a quick DE which on occassion allows for guys he should beat normally to get inside leverage with momentum and drive him back into the pocket.

Overall

Best suited for a RT (he started their at Miami and showed promise) better then Dmac and Barry Richardson by far.

Edit: My amateur scouting report. Take it with a grain of salt and form your own opinion. In my opinon this was a solid move by the front office.
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 08-24-2009 at 08:50 PM.

i think a 6th rounder for two starting O lineman is a stretch...i would be surprised to see any of them win over a starting gig by wk.1....but it adds competition, adds depth, and gives us some more options along our seriously weak O line...all for a 6th rounder...good move Pioli..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast