Thread: Possible Other Dolphins Who Could Go To The Chiefs...

Default Possible Other Dolphins Who Could Go To The Chiefs...

JUST SOME RANDOM MUSINGS. NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE HERE!!! NO ONE GET THEIR UNDERWEAR IN A BUNCH!!

The Dolphins and the Chiefs have some ties. Players like Zach Thomas and the two new guards and of course you have that Scott Pioli guy hanging around.

How are the Chiefs stacked at WR and RB?

The Dolphins are loaded right now.

At WR we have Ted Ginn who looks to be having a good year this year. We have Davone Bess and Greg Camarillo who are good, solid, scrappy starters. We also have new recruits Brian Hartline who is pushing his way into the starting lineup and Patrick Turner who's a big, physical red zone target. We also have young prospects in Brandon London and Anthony Armstrong. Lots of talent but not enough roster spots. We're probably going to only keep 5. I think Camarillo or Bess could be available for trade and they are both solid starters. If I had to guess i'd say Camarillo would be made available.

At RB we have Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Patrick Cobbs(The best 3rd string RB in the league!) and Lex Hilliard who we stashed on the practice squad last year but we're not going to be able to hide him. I'd have to say Ronnie isn't going anywhere for anything but a high price. Cobbs the staff here loves. He's an evil little scatback who can run, catch, return punts and makes magic happen every time has the ball. Ricky is 32 but in phenomonal shape and still has flashes of greatness. Lex Hilliard is young, strong and nimble. The build of a fullback with the speed and quickness of a running back. One of these guys isn't going to make the team.

I don't know if the chiefs have a need at these positions but the Dolphins are overstocked at these positions. And with the ties between the two teams and how KC has been talent starved in certain respects the past couple of years I could see something happening. What do you hardcore chiefs fans feel?

I know the Chiefs are rebuilding. The Dolphins were the same way last year. Hence why we overstocked at certain positions. So let 'er rip and tell me what you think.

We are in good shape at RB, but WR is a different story. IMO once other teams begin cutting players we will pick up 3 to 6 players. WR and OL will be the top priorities. DL and LB are the other possibilities.

I'd keep an eye on the Dolphins then. We're loaded at linebacker also. Some young player at WR or LB is not going to make that team. Don't be surprised if you see 1 or 2 more players in a Chiefs uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeticus View Post
    JUST SOME RANDOM MUSINGS. NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE HERE!!! NO ONE GET THEIR UNDERWEAR IN A BUNCH!!...
    Well, we simply don't know what to do unless we get our underwear in a bunch. :owws:

JUST SOME RANDOM MUSINGS. NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE HERE!!! NO ONE GET THEIR UNDERWEAR IN A BUNCH!!

The Dolphins and the Chiefs have some ties. Players like Zach Thomas and the two new guards and of course you have that Scott Pioli guy hanging around.

How are the Chiefs stacked at WR and RB?

The Dolphins are loaded right now.

At WR we have Ted Ginn who looks to be having a good year this year. We have Davone Bess and Greg Camarillo who are good, solid, scrappy starters. We also have new recruits Brian Hartline who is pushing his way into the starting lineup and Patrick Turner who's a big, physical red zone target. We also have young prospects in Brandon London and Anthony Armstrong. Lots of talent but not enough roster spots. We're probably going to only keep 5. I think Camarillo or Bess could be available for trade and they are both solid starters. If I had to guess i'd say Camarillo would be made available.

At RB we have Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Patrick Cobbs(The best 3rd string RB in the league!) and Lex Hilliard who we stashed on the practice squad last year but we're not going to be able to hide him. I'd have to say Ronnie isn't going anywhere for anything but a high price. Cobbs the staff here loves. He's an evil little scatback who can run, catch, return punts and makes magic happen every time has the ball. Ricky is 32 but in phenomonal shape and still has flashes of greatness. Lex Hilliard is young, strong and nimble. The build of a fullback with the speed and quickness of a running back. One of these guys isn't going to make the team.

I don't know if the chiefs have a need at these positions but the Dolphins are overstocked at these positions. And with the ties between the two teams and how KC has been talent starved in certain respects the past couple of years I could see something happening. What do you hardcore chiefs fans feel?

I know the Chiefs are rebuilding. The Dolphins were the same way last year. Hence why we overstocked at certain positions. So let 'er rip and tell me what you think.
    I disagree with you Xeticus that Camarillo or Bess would be trade baits. However, Brandon London has looked *really* good so far this year, but could potentially be cut because of roster space. If that were to be the case, I think he would be a very nice pickup for the Chiefs if they could get him.

I would absolutely love to have Camarillo or Bess. One of them could be our long term posession receiver since Engram will likely be gone next year.

I'm also biased towards Bess since I'm from Hawaii.

From what I'm hearing Camarillo is sliding down the ranks. He's inked in as our 4th or 5th receiver now. Even Drew Rosenhaus was complaining the other day that we pay him too much to be a 5th string receiver. I've thought for months that with Bess around and the front office picking up Hartline and Turner that Camarillo is expendable. He's young, a solid slot receiver who overachieves. He's not a superstar but he plays hard and sometimes breaks a big play. Some club could easily find a good home for him. Why not the Chiefs?

From what I'm hearing Camarillo is sliding down the ranks. He's inked in as our 4th or 5th receiver now. Even Drew Rosenhaus was complaining the other day that we pay him too much to be a 5th string receiver. I've thought for months that with Bess around and the front office picking up Hartline and Turner that Camarillo is expendable. He's young, a solid slot receiver who overachieves. He's not a superstar but he plays hard and sometimes breaks a big play. Some club could easily find a good home for him. Why not the Chiefs?
    They are taking care of his knee and I don't see him going anywhere. Either London or Armstrong wont make the team and either could start for many teams in this league. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up on the Chiefs. Hillard will be snatched up real quick if they try to stash him back on the practice squad. I think the keep 5 backs this year.