Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

Default ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

I just read on another board that ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are shopping Thigpen for a third round pick and Jacksonville is offering a 5th round pick

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kcchi...es/?msg=2217.1

Anyone else know anything?

This would be an excellent move. Its probably the reason the Chiefs are moving Thigpen up the depth chart as well, to make him look more appealing to other teams before they try and move him to raise the asking price (sort of what people are speculating the Broncos are doing with Marshal)

Considering what we've seen this offseason if we were able to recoup a mid round pick for the pick we sacrificed for Alleman and Ndukwe we'd basically have gotten them for pennies on the dollar. The 2010 draft class is chalk full of talent so I'd have no problem dealing Thigpen for a mid round pick.

I like Thigpen as much as the next guy but as a QB there are better options avalible then a wildcat slash scrambler to lead this team to some wins. Its within the best interest of both teams and Thigpen if he were to get traded to Jacksonville to secure his future then to possibly be cut from our team.

Don't they have 2nd round pick, Eben Britton, riding the bench? I say we trade Thiggy and A a 4th for Eben Britton. (RT)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefan View Post
    Don't they have 2nd round pick, Eben Britton, riding the bench? I say we trade Thiggy and A a 4th for Eben Britton. (RT)
    Yeah, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    maybe trade him for a o-lineman? if not get a 3rd.
    Yah! I think this is a good move if we can get an o-lineman or a draft pick (also to be used on the O-lin) hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    dammit we need thig. brodie will break
    Good ol' glass jaw Brodie.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I'll be sad to see him go, but like Tony G., it works out best for both sides in the long run.
    I agree, but I also think how it should go down. We need another receiver or OL now, not in a year.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Can't explain why really, but I just have a bad feeling about letting Thigpen go. Hope it's a wrong feeling. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Can't explain why really, but I just have a bad feeling about letting Thigpen go. Hope it's a wrong feeling. :(
    I agree, but what do you do with him? It sucks because he is a playmaker, and playmakers are hard to let go of. But he is our third string QB, so even if they wanted to use him for goal line trick plays he would have to be listed as a WR game day because you are not allowed to play your 3rd string QB. And he is just not a pocket drop back QB. It makes way more sense to release him to another team and get a future player out of the deal. Especially when you have Pioli who has shown some genius when it comes to gettting late round talent out of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    People need to stop looking at just his talent and see he doesnt fit haleys scheme. Ya he can scramble and move but he doesnt have the big time arm.
    Yeah, I love Thigpen, and I still think no QB in the NFL could have done better last season behind that OL, but he's going nowhere on this team. Haley/Pioli want big, accurate QBs. Thigpen has many virtues, but he's small and scattershot. He'll do well in Jacksonville with their pounding running game and tall WRs.

He'll be missed, but It's better to trade him now for something than to lose him in 2010 for nothing.

I think this is a terrible move. Who is going to be our quarterback when Cassel proves ineffective and Croyle is hurt for the third year in a row? I love Thigpen and think he could have been a great quarterback for KC.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast