Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

Default ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

I just read on another board that ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are shopping Thigpen for a third round pick and Jacksonville is offering a 5th round pick

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kcchi...es/?msg=2217.1

Anyone else know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I love Thigpen, but if he could land us a draft pick that ends up being a starting offensive lineman for the next 5 or 10 years, there's no doubt in my mind that he should be traded.

EXACTLY

trade thigpen to washington for devin thomas.win win
    Sign Jerame tuman as a 3rd TE
    Sign Lavelle Hawkins when cut from Titans
    Trade Mcbride, Sign Travis Laboy

or trade thigpen for a 3, trade a 2 and the 3 for Boldin, then sign Tuman, trade mcbride and sign laboy.

then just check the FA wire for OL, they got a gem potentially from Miami. For a 6th. Cassel came for a 2nd, to get a 3 for thigpen would be great...and could lead to Boldin...

but I have no problem making a trade for a thomas or someone like that who needs a change in scenary., this team needs help in a lot of places.
    Last edited by SDChief09; 08-28-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDChief09 View Post
    trade thigpen to washington for devin thomas.win win
    Sign Jerame tuman as a 3rd TE
    Sign Lavelle Hawkins when cut from Titans
    Trade Mcbride, Sign Travis Laboy

of trade thigpen for a 3, trade a 2 and the 3 for Boldin, then sign Tuman, trade mcbride and sign laboy.
    Don't you think it'd cost more than a 2nd and 3rd for Boldin? I mean hell the Lions got a 1st, 3rd, and 6th for Roy Williams. I think Boldin is worth more than Roy Williams. With that said I'd be willing to give up both our 2nd round picks and a 4th for Boldin.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I want a capable backup QB in case of a Cassell injury. I think Thigpen can be that guy. I don't think Croyle can.
    My thoughts too!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    I agree, but what do you do with him? It sucks because he is a playmaker, and playmakers are hard to let go of. But he is our third string QB, so even if they wanted to use him for goal line trick plays he would have to be listed as a WR game day because you are not allowed to play your 3rd string QB. And he is just not a pocket drop back QB. It makes way more sense to release him to another team and get a future player out of the deal. Especially when you have Pioli who has shown some genius when it comes to gettting late round talent out of the draft.
    I don't disagree at all. I think my gut feeling is fearing Cassel is at high risk for injury, especially with our weak O line. I don't have the confidence in Croyle I do Thigpen. I'd be much more comfortable if they were shopping Croyle, but that isn't gonna happen.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    i wouldn't mind trading for something. Don't forget IF cassel happens to get hurt there is still a chance Croyle would stay healthy...and IF our QBs got hurt wouldn't that mean we should stock up on linemen??
    what chance? he is a lemon. he is an accurate QB, but gets hurt. that doesnt cut it. A hurt QB doesnt cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I love Thigpen, but if he could land us a draft pick that ends up being a starting offensive lineman for the next 5 or 10 years, there's no doubt in my mind that he should be traded.
    yep, but how you going to garuntee me that we will get that awesome lineman if we trade him. There is no way of knowing. Not worth it.

Thigpen did what he could with piss. What Croyle couldnt do.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The amount of whining here amazes me. We trade for a QB who won eleven games last season and everyone is complaining because we might trade the short, inaccurate backup who won one. This after everyone was all on board trading our Pro Bowl DE for picks in 2008.

Thigpen is a QB with a lot of virtues. He's tough and can scramble. He's a good backup who could be an adequate starter for a lot of teams. Not his one, though.

Anyone thinking that Thigpen has the physical skills or football smarts to lead a team to this playoffs didn't watch enough Chiefs games last season
    I thing Thig can. And I watched more than enough games JM. Over and over.

Thig didnt lose those games JM! The team did. Just like a TG(or any quality player) didnt lose the games. Thig did what he could, which includes having an elite passer rating in the NFL (after he regained the starter job).

I dont want anything to happen to Cassell, heaven forbid. But I dont want to have to admit the season is over if he does. Thig is the man who CAN do it if it comes to the playoffs!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUr5hF0yGc"]YouTube - Coors Light Jim Mora Press Conference Ad[/ame]
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    yep, but how you going to garuntee me that we will get that awesome lineman if we trade him. There is no way of knowing. Not worth it.
    There's no guarantees in the NFL. I do know one thing, a player can't win games if he's sitting on the bench. So if you have an opportunity to end up with someone who could potentially start, you have to take it.

By the way, I agree with everything you said about Thigpen. He didn't lose the games. The defense and poor playcalling did. And you can't even begin to use Cassel's record as a basis for comparison because of the supporting cast. Thigpen was basically Jesus last season, turning water into wine. Hell, water's probably an overstatement.

Again, I'm not going to be mad if we keep Thigpen. But I completely understand the logic in trading him if a good offer comes in. We won't be elite until we have a good offensive line. That's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    what chance? he is a lemon. he is an accurate QB, but gets hurt. that doesnt cut it. A hurt QB doesnt cut it.

Thigpen did what he could with piss. What Croyle couldnt do.

Thig didnt lose those games JM! The team did. Just like a TG(or any quality player) didnt lose the games. Thig did what he could, which includes having an elite passer rating in the NFL (after he regained the starter job).

I dont want anything to happen to Cassell, heaven forbid. But I dont want to have to admit the season is over if he does. Thig is the man who CAN do it if it comes to the playoffs!
    A 76.0 QB rating isn't what I consider elite. Neither do I consider a sub 60% (sub 55% for that matter) completion percentage elite by any stretch of the imagination either. Considering he had two legitimate threats to throw to in the best TE to ever play the game and a rising star in Bowe you'd expect any QB to get at least 55% of his throws completed.

I'll say this in his defense. Thigpen is a good football player; a dynamic anomaly amongst QBs and fun to watch. But, with that being said, he is the last person on this roster I want to QB this team for any length of time. Thigpen has all the mechanics to be a deverse player in the league save for those that pertain to being a decent QB. He has poor field vision, a weak arm, sloppy foot work, an awkward release, etc... that all tally against him. I will admit that Thigpen made plays last year but what he did was the equivalent of tuck and run football with a chance to possibly throw the ball.

Thigs doesn't lose games...but he doesn't win them either.

He's not indestructible (he did get banged up week 1 of the pre season this year) and he doesn't possess the on field intangibles to be a great QB. If anything Thigpen is a watered down version of Micheal Vick minus the off field stupidity.

IF the Chiefs can get anything above a 5th rounder for him I can't see how they don't make that trade. Anything less would be short changing this team. This is a talent laden draft class coming up in 2010 so the more picks the Chiefs can get in the top half of the draft the better.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    A 76.0 QB rating isn't what I consider elite. Neither do I consider a sub 60% (sub 55% for that matter) completion percentage elite by any stretch of the imagination either. Considering he had two legitimate threats to throw to in the best TE to ever play the game and a rising star in Bowe you'd expect any QB to get at least 55% of his throws completed.

I'll say this in his defense. Thigpen is a good football player; a dynamic anomaly amongst QBs and fun to watch. But, with that being said, he is the last person on this roster I want to QB this team for any length of time. Thigpen has all the mechanics to be a deverse player in the league save for those that pertain to being a decent QB. He has poor field vision, a weak arm, sloppy foot work, an awkward release, etc... that all tally against him. I will admit that Thigpen made plays last year but what he did was the equivalent of tuck and run football with a chance to possibly throw the ball.

Thigs doesn't lose games...but he doesn't win them either.

He's not indestructible (he did get banged up week 1 of the pre season this year) and he doesn't possess the on field intangibles to be a great QB. If anything Thigpen is a watered down version of Micheal Vick minus the off field stupidity.

IF the Chiefs can get anything above a 5th rounder for him I can't see how they don't make that trade. Anything less would be short changing this team. This is a talent laden draft class coming up in 2010 so the more picks the Chiefs can get in the top half of the draft the better.
    I agree with every bit of this. Thigpen was alright last season, but he still wasn't good, he just looked good compared to what we had. Thigpen reminds me a lot of Tebow.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast