Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

Default ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

I just read on another board that ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are shopping Thigpen for a third round pick and Jacksonville is offering a 5th round pick

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kcchi...es/?msg=2217.1

Anyone else know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

Love it. Post the Herm Edwards one. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I agree as long as the player is under contract. That is what muddies the water on this one a bit. He is a FA next year if I recall.
    Not sure how, but I was quoted: "you keep the guys that are good on your team people"

I didn't say that, Sn@keIze said that, but I agree, hahaha.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 08-30-2009 at 02:11 AM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    After he for sure regained the starter job after the bye week his passer rating was good. 76 is his season total and those first 3 games were horrible. One game was like 23 passer rating or something.

Tyler Thigpen: Game Logs

All in all. The guy had 18 TD to 12 INTs with this surrounding cast. We need him.

Just like the article that came out earlier.
    NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive A case for Tyler Thigpen «
    "Who threw more TD than SB winning Ben Rothlesburger, outstanding rookies Flacco or Matt Ryan?..........Tyler Thigpen!! But those guys had a good team. So why say Thig only won one game. Thig did what he could.

You keep the guys that are good on your team people!
    Thats ludicrous. Why would you not count the 3 games where thigpen played in a conventional offense? It illustrated perfectly what type of player he was in those 3 games as did it illustrate itself tongiht what type of player Thigpen was when he had to play in a conventional no pistol spread offense geared for him. A bad QB whose only thing going for him is his legs.

But I guess the good thing now is that after his spectacularly awful performance tonight any trade suitors have now left the table.

Edit: And La Confronta is a retard of the level of Jaime Dukes. What QB had the most 4th quarter comebacks in the league to win a game?

Rothlesiberger.

Who was the rookie QB who managed the game efficently and lead a team with an inept offense to 2 post season victories?

Flacco.

Who QB'd the Falcons to the post season after years of scrounging around as bottom feeders of the NFC>

Matt Ryan.

Stats don't make you a great QB.
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 08-30-2009 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...This
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Not sure how, but I was quoted: "you keep the guys that are good on your team people"

I didn't say that, Sn@keIze said that, but I agree, hahaha.
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Thats ludicrous. Why would you not count the 3 games where thigpen played in a conventional offense? ............ Because this is a "what have you dont for me lately" league. And those were his first 3 games.It illustrated perfectly what type of player he was in those 3 games as did it illustrate itself tongiht what type of player Thigpen was when he had to play in a conventional no pistol spread offense geared for him. A bad QB whose only thing going for him is his legs.

But I guess the good thing now is that after his spectacularly awful performance tonight any trade suitors have now left the table.

Edit: And La Confronta is a retard of the level of Jaime Dukes. What QB had the most 4th quarter comebacks in the league to win a game?

Rothlesiberger.

Who was the rookie QB who managed the game efficently and lead a team with an inept offense to 2 post season victories?

Flacco.

Who QB'd the Falcons to the post season after years of scrounging around as bottom feeders of the NFC>

Matt Ryan.

Stats don't make you a great QB
    I invite you to read this article again in case you missed it.

And who threw more TDs than all those QBs with a 2 win team?

Thigpen!

i.e. Thig didnt have what those QBs did on the team. Especially a D. He is a playmaker. Maybe not a starter, but a playmaker.

You keep the players worth keeping on your team!

Thank you

Thank you
    I invite you to read this article again in case you missed it.

And who threw more TDs than all those QBs with a 2 win team?

Thigpen!

i.e. Thig didnt have what those QBs did on the team. Especially a D. He is a playmaker. Maybe not a starter, but a playmaker.

You keep the players worth keeping on your team!
    Did you read my post or just highlight/enlarge/rant/ignore on what I posted.

I read the blog. I read the stats. Its old news. I basically took exactly what he said in spun it in the favor of the other QBs the only difference is is that what they accomplished was far more noteworthy then Thigpen. You can spin the facts whichever which way they don't hide a obvious defficeny.

A 'what have you done for me recently league'. Well going by what we saw by that statement he didn't do anything when handed the keys to the offense (a conventional offense) and asked to lead the team.

When out of the pistol (arrowhead spread offense whatever anyone wants to call it) Thigpen looked inept, confused, and just plain terrible at QB thats what he's done for the Chiefs recently.

He didn't make plays. He didn't complete throws (anything outside of 10 yards). He didn't play QB. The same problems arose in this game that arose in the first 3 games when we saw how bad he was at QB. He just can't do it. It was a circus out there.

Thigpen can make some plays, no doubt, but not when it counts and not in the manner befitting a QB. When a QB is in the game you expect him to make some relatively easy throws to wide open WRs and flat patterns with ease not under or over throw them.

8/15 for 56 yards and 0 TDs with the starting unit for more then 2 quarters? Thats your audition Thigpen? Is that really what you consider making plays.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Thats ludicrous. Why would you not count the 3 games where thigpen played in a conventional offense? It illustrated perfectly what type of player he was in those 3 games as did it illustrate itself tongiht what type of player Thigpen was when he had to play in a conventional no pistol spread offense geared for him. A bad QB whose only thing going for him is his legs.

Rothlesiberger.

Flacco.

Matt Ryan.

Stats don't make you a great QB.
    should have taken the 5th for Thiggy, and also Roethlisberger and Flacco had the #1 and #2 defenses to back them up. Matt Ryan is probably the best QB to come out since P. Manning. Not arguing the fact that Ben can bring you back, ask the Cardinals, like you said,"Stats don't make you a great QB". But it at least shows you what a lights out defense can do for you. The Falcons had the 6th best offense last year with a rookie. The Ravens were in 18th place(offense) and the Steelers were in 22nd. Too bad we lost in the coin flip with Atlanta and Choakland a couple years back, ending up with the 5th pick.

not so sure the Jags are interested anymore:

Jags add another quarterback named Todd B.

Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2009 1:26 PM ET
    The Jacksonville Jaguars are believed to be interested in acquiring a new backup quarterback. Currently, the primary reserve to starter David Garrard is career understudy Todd Bouman.

The Jags have made a move to add a new quarterback, but he likely won't bounce Bouman from his current spot on the depth chart.

The team announced today that quarterback Todd Boeckman has been signed, and that quarterback Paul Smith has been cut.

Boeckman, who played college football at Ohio State, previously was inked by the Jags on June 17, but they cut him on July 31.

Smith joined the team as an undrafted free agent in 2008, spending most of the year on the practice squad.

The move keeps the Jaguars at three quarterbacks on the roster -- Garrard, Bouman, and Boeckman.

Coincidentally, Monday is the two-year anniversary of the day on which the Jaguars benched (and shortly thereafter cut) former starter Byron Leftwich and handed the job to Garrard.

could be a haggling move- make it a sixth rounder instead of a fifth? Thiggy did not exactly help his cause last night

Thank you ...
    Welcome!

Yup,, should of taken the 5th rounder when we had the chance.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567