Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

Default ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

I just read on another board that ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are shopping Thigpen for a third round pick and Jacksonville is offering a 5th round pick

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kcchi...es/?msg=2217.1

Anyone else know anything?

If we trade Thigpen for a 4th to Jacksonville (the probable compromise), it would be a pretty good deal for us and for Thigpen. He's in a contract year and clearly doesn't fit the Chiefs' new offensive philosophy. And Thigpen will get a chance to start in 2009 after Garrard inevitably goes down.

I'll be sad to see him go, but like Tony G., it works out best for both sides in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    If we trade Thigpen for a 4th to Jacksonville (the probable compromise), it would be a pretty good deal for us and for Thigpen. He's in a contract year and clearly doesn't fit the Chiefs' new offensive philosophy. And Thigpen will get a chance to start in 2009 after Garrard inevitably goes down.

I'll be sad to see him go, but like Tony G., it works out best for both sides in the long run.
    He really seems to have overachieved last season. I think this shows how good of an offensive coordinator Chan Gailey is, switching to the pistol spread to accommodate and turning him into a 20 TD QB. I'm a fan of Thigpen and what he did last year, but without Tony G or an offense built around his strengths and weaknesses, I don't think I can see him succeeding.

I'm not really sure why Jacksonville is so actively pursuing a backup QB. They must see a lot of Garrard in Thigpen.

I would absoultely hate this move but then again it's not my call. Here's my reasoning... 1) Cassell still has an ineffective line that couldn't stop molasses and even if we do get better it's a new line that needs to gel. 2) Cassell while I like him still hasn't proved himself to me. 3) God forbid but if Cassell goes down it's up to Broken...I mean Brodie Croyle. This is a guy who had the starting job after looking fantastic all pre-season and then couldn't stay in a game more than three quarters all year! Who steps up after that?
    Last edited by OPLookn; 08-26-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I would absoultely hate this move but then again it's not my call. Here's my reasons why...Cassell still has a line that couldn't stop molasses and I hope this doesn't happen but if it would we're down to Broken...I mean Brodie Croyle. This is a guy who had the starting job after looking fantastic all pre-season and then couldn't stay in a game more than three quarters all year! Who steps up after that?
    I agree with everything you said, but here's the thing. The chances of Thigpen re-signing with us are pretty slim, and we're not going to win the Super Bowl this year. So if we can squeeze out a 4th for him.. it may be the best move for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    brody has looked good this year and has taken some HARD shots in preseason and Guttie looked not to bad but simply put brody and guttie fit our offense as backups thiggy doesnt
    Yeah he has taken some shots, and miraculously gotten right back on his feet. But we all know the second it's the regular season and he takes one of those, it's going to be season ending.

maybe trade him for a o-lineman? if not get a 3rd.

A 4th would be nice a 3rd even better. Then maybe we can address the oline this next draft.1- 1st. 2- 2nd's. 2-3rd's. plenty of quality in these rounds. maybe trade the 1st for a swap and then another 2nd or 3rd. parlay.

dammit we need thig. brodie will break

Its official

as in they are shopping him...nothing is done yet

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast