Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

Default ESPN reporting Thigpen to Jacksonville

I just read on another board that ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are shopping Thigpen for a third round pick and Jacksonville is offering a 5th round pick

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kcchi...es/?msg=2217.1

Anyone else know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Can't explain why really, but I just have a bad feeling about letting Thigpen go. Hope it's a wrong feeling. :(
    Me to, just like letting Rich Gannon go, that is the feeling I have. Thig is a playmaker.

I think with a player who's as talented as Thigpen is you can find ways to use him and get him on the football field even if he's not your starter. I think Thigpen is a player who can help us win games and can contribute to our offense. He's certainly much more proven and durable than Brodie Croyle and should at least be our backup for this season. If we can get a 3rd rounder for him than we should reluctantly make the trade, but we shouldn't do it for anything less. Cassel and Croyle are unproven and our O-line is one of the weaker O-lines in the league. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we needed Thigpen to start for us at some point in the season.
    Last edited by captainamerica; 08-27-2009 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCSDFAN View Post
    I think this is a terrible move. Who is going to be our quarterback when Cassel proves ineffective and Croyle is hurt for the third year in a row? I love Thigpen and think he could have been a great quarterback for KC.
    Dosent matter, by then LJ will have quit the team, Charles will move to Russia, DBowe will have a terrible year, the defense will lose their shoes and not be able to play on grass. There would be no one left for Thig to play with anyways!! Feel free to discuss things that are factual but don't sit here and badmouth players. Way to support your team!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Love Love Love Love trading Thigpen, I have been saying it will happen all offseason, in fact its in my predictions next to Succop beats out barth from the day after draft day.

Now, thiggy wouldnt be a UFA anyway, and we would have rights, but, his value has peaked, and KC can either move him now, or hope he performs this weekend and increases his value by actually playing well under center.

The media loves him due to fantasy football, which is huge, it will increase his value quite a bit other teams will become interested....hes a great athlete, I just dont see the accuracy, having Bowe/Gonzo as two of the top 5 targets in the NFL...pretty sad at 54 percent and pretty sad 28 qb rating under center.

Chiefs, get a pick, take a 4 as a compromise, and move on....considering he cost us nothing, gave us a year at QB where we werent convinced that he was a star. And now get a 4th? that would rock...already down a 6 and 7 to miami

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Me to, just like letting Rich Gannon go, that is the feeling I have. Thig is a playmaker.
    Biggest mistake in Chiefs history...next to hiring Herm of course.

Our o-line is patchwork at best. So when Cassell gets hurt, our season will rest in the hands of Brodie Croyle. Been there, done that. No thanks. This team isn't in a position to trade away good players for future draft picks. If they trade him, it had better be for a plyer that can protect our Big $$ QB starting week 1.

To all the f**kin' geniuses who keep saying WHEN Cassel gets hurt, what do we do WHEN Thigpen gets hurt? Or is this just one of those things where you want to get Thig in there, win another 2 games and have a whole offseason of I told ya so's?? What reason does anyone have for saying WHEN Cassel gets hurt, and why does it not apply to Thigpen?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    To all the f**kin' geniuses who keep saying WHEN Cassel gets hurt, what do we do WHEN Thigpen gets hurt? Or is this just one of those things where you want to get Thig in there, win another 2 games and have a whole offseason of I told ya so's?? What reason does anyone have for saying WHEN Cassel gets hurt, and why does it not apply to Thigpen?
    But what are we gonna do, waaaaaaaah!!!

You could literally apply that saying, "what if they get hurt" to any qb in the freaking NFL, its part of the game folks!!!

The amount of whining here amazes me. We trade for a QB who won eleven games last season and everyone is complaining because we might trade the short, inaccurate backup who won one. This after everyone was all on board trading our Pro Bowl DE for picks in 2008.

Thigpen is a QB with a lot of virtues. He's tough and can scramble. He's a good backup who could be an adequate starter for a lot of teams. Not his one, though.

Anyone thinking that Thigpen has the physical skills or football smarts to lead a team to this playoffs didn't watch enough Chiefs games last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I want a capable backup QB in case of a Cassell injury. I think Thigpen can be that guy. I don't think Croyle can.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast