Thread: KC Star : Larry Johnson says better supporting cast improves his attitude

Default KC Star : Larry Johnson says better supporting cast improves his attitude

L arry Johnson knows the line he’s walking, and he knows how close he came this last offseason to crossing it. The Chiefs’ occasionally unhappy, occasionally outstanding running back said Thursday that he realized the team could have given up on him during a tumultuous series of months. “If they wanted to get rid of me,” Johnson said Thursday, “they had a chance to get rid of me.”

More...

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

From the above article.

"It was the addition of Cassel, and several other promising players, that helped improve Johnson’s attitude, he said Thursday. He said the Chiefs’ blind reliance last year on young players created a culture of losing — and the belief that awful seasons are acceptable for a rebuilding team. Johnson said Thursday that he never agreed with former coach Herm Edwards on that philosophy. Now, Johnson said, the Chiefs’ locker room is filled with known players, some of whom have won at the highest level."

Wow that is the first time I have seen it in print, and it came from Larry Johnson, I really think and hope that all the LJ haters out there have a change of heart due to how he acts and plays by the end of the year. I have to say he went from being my favorite player to the point where I was ready to see him leave also, but I think that with a culture of winning coming back to KC it should be a great year from LJ.

I may have a change fo heart but it won't be after two preseason games and 8 carries.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I may have a change fo heart but it won't be after two preseason games and 8 carries.
    I read ya man.