Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five things to watch for in Chiefs game

Default Five things to watch for in Chiefs game

Five things to watch for in Chiefs game

Damon Huard (left) or Brodie Croyle could get an edge by orchestrating sustained drives.

1 Quarterback play. Herm Edwards wants one thing from the starting offense besides not committing a turnover. He wishes for a sustained drive, one that numbers several plays, covers a lot of yards and eats plenty of clock. The quarterback who delivers it tonight could wind up starting opening day in Houston.

2 Better pass rush. The Chiefs were disappointed in their inability to get more pressure on Cleveland quarterbacks last week. They’d like to rough up old friend Trent Green and send him to the turf a few times tonight.

3 Dwayne Bowe’s debut. The Chiefs are desperate for a wide receiver they can count on other than Eddie Kennison. They aren’t expecting Bowe, who has practiced only twice, to be a star immediately. But they want to see whether he’s capable of getting into the playing mix.

4 Win the game. While Edwards’ signature slogan matters more to him in the regular season, it’s still a factor in games that otherwise don’t count. Edwards was not happy with the way the Cleveland game wound up. He, perhaps more than anyone, wanted the Chiefs to score the winning touchdown.

5 First-team defensive points. The Chiefs scored a defensive touchdown last week with their backups and a safety with guys who won’t be playing for them next month. Edwards and Gunther Cunningham would be happier if the starters can get into the Dolphins’ end zone.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Numbers 1 - 3 will be what I'm watching for the most.

2 and 5 for me. I wanna see some dolpfins get hit!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    2 and 5 for me. I wanna see some dolpfins get hit!!
    I definitely wanna see that. I hope Trent stays healthy and has a terrible game.

(It felt weird to say that.)
    Last edited by Chiefster; 08-16-2007 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Five things to watch for in Chiefs game

Damon Huard (left) or Brodie Croyle could get an edge by orchestrating sustained drives.

1 Quarterback play. Herm Edwards wants one thing from the starting offense besides not committing a turnover. He wishes for a sustained drive, one that numbers several plays, covers a lot of yards and eats plenty of clock. The quarterback who delivers it tonight could wind up starting opening day in Houston.

2 Better pass rush. The Chiefs were disappointed in their inability to get more pressure on Cleveland quarterbacks last week. They’d like to rough up old friend Trent Green and send him to the turf a few times tonight.

3 Dwayne Bowe’s debut. The Chiefs are desperate for a wide receiver they can count on other than Eddie Kennison. They aren’t expecting Bowe, who has practiced only twice, to be a star immediately. But they want to see whether he’s capable of getting into the playing mix.

4 Win the game. While Edwards’ signature slogan matters more to him in the regular season, it’s still a factor in games that otherwise don’t count. Edwards was not happy with the way the Cleveland game wound up. He, perhaps more than anyone, wanted the Chiefs to score the winning touchdown.

5 First-team defensive points. The Chiefs scored a defensive touchdown last week with their backups and a safety with guys who won’t be playing for them next month. Edwards and Gunther Cunningham would be happier if the starters can get into the Dolphins’ end zone.
    Isn't this the point of EVERY game played?
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Isn't this the point of EVERY game played?

We play to win the game! Helloooo! We play to win the game!

I'll be watching, mainly for #4

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i must need glasses because i didnt see anything that looked like any of the five.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

#2 looked alright in the second quarter, but we were definitely missing 1,3,4,5
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Oh the preseason woes! I can't wait until the regular season so I can start watching the 1st team all the way through the whole game.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast