Thread: Would have could have should have!!!!!!!!! chiefs seahawks game

Default Would have could have should have!!!!!!!!! chiefs seahawks game

This one is hard to take. The Chiefs played well enough to win this game if only they did not make mistakes. 1st the missed field goals. That hurt. Killed the momentum that the chiefs were able to get early it seemed. The chiefs seemed to have some sucess running the ball early. Loseing Cassel was not a good thing. Thigpen just didnt have it and I dont think he is the right QB for the Todd Hailey system. On the defensive side of the ball 3rd down was the killer. The seahawks were able to convert time and time again and that wore down the D. The good things about this game is that Once Again early at least the chiefs were able to get pressure on the Qb and gained anther sack . Its good to see that. Hope that the Cassel injury is not to bad and that he can get back in there without missing much time. Anther good thing was Lelie looked pretty good and was able to get open a couple of times there late in the game. It was against the second unit but its still good to see and i think that he is starting to fit in with what the Chiefs want to do. The O line seemed to start out decent but they faded fast. Thats the biggest concern. I no that they made a trade for a couple new o lineres so hopefuly they can pick up the system fast and make this o line decent otherwise like last few years we are going to seem many Qbs carted off the field. This game was so frustrating to watch the Chiefs had there chances. But like the young team that they are they just made to many mistakes to have a chance to win the game at the end. All in all this time I think there were a couple of more negitves then postives in this game. Thank god its only preseason. A big upgrade on oline is going to be needed before this is a good football team. The good news is the current managemt is not going to just sit around. They are looking at every team. Thats a good thing. This is a tough one still. GO CHIEFS

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This one is hard to take. The Chiefs played well enough to win this game if only they did not make mistakes. 1st the missed field goals. That hurt. Killed the momentum that the chiefs were able to get early it seemed. The chiefs seemed to have some sucess running the ball early. Loseing Cassel was not a good thing. Thigpen just didnt have it and I dont think he is the right QB for the Todd Hailey system. On the defensive side of the ball 3rd down was the killer. The seahawks were able to convert time and time again and that wore down the D. The good things about this game is that Once Again early at least the chiefs were able to get pressure on the Qb and gained anther sack . Its good to see that. Hope that the Cassel injury is not to bad and that he can get back in there without missing much time. Anther good thing was Lelie looked pretty good and was able to get open a couple of times there late in the game. It was against the second unit but its still good to see and i think that he is starting to fit in with what the Chiefs want to do. The O line seemed to start out decent but they faded fast. Thats the biggest concern. I no that they made a trade for a couple new o lineres so hopefuly they can pick up the system fast and make this o line decent otherwise like last few years we are going to seem many Qbs carted off the field. This game was so frustrating to watch the Chiefs had there chances. But like the young team that they are they just made to many mistakes to have a chance to win the game at the end. All in all this time I think there were a couple of more negitves then postives in this game. Thank god its only preseason. A big upgrade on oline is going to be needed before this is a good football team. The good news is the current managemt is not going to just sit around. They are looking at every team. Thats a good thing. This is a tough one still. GO CHIEFS
    This may have, in part, accounted for Thiggy's miscues, but your right he did make some uncharacteristic mistakes.

The starting D looked fine. Flowers was pulled very early, Cory Mays was pulled very early, D.J. didnt even play as a precaution and they still looked good. The starting Offense ran wild all over the Seahawks in the first quarter and like the D, had backups inserted early. Im not worried one bit. The Chiefs have showed more progress this pre-season than any preseason I've watched in 4 years. Contrary to what Chiefster said, I think this bodes well for the season.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    The starting D looked fine. Flowers was pulled very early, Cory Mays was pulled very early, D.J. didnt even play as a precaution and they still looked good. The starting Offense ran wild all over the Seahawks in the first quarter and like the D, had backups inserted early. Im not worried one bit. The Chiefs have showed more progress this pre-season than any preseason I've watched in 4 years. Contrary to what Chiefster said, I think this bodes well for the season.
    I'm worried about our coverage over the middle more than anything.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Outside of the play of the O-line and Thigpen's performance, wouldn't look too much into this one. It's preseason, just hope none of the little injuries that happened hold anybody back.

The O-line looked good at first...but yeah they faded. How I wish they'd drafted more O-line!!

Thigpen just looked uncomfortable playing in this offense, but I still think he's got what it takes to be a good QB. I hope they keep Thigpen - at least we know he can scramble behind a bad O-line. Croyle has talent but is way too injury prone.

Ok, I'll shaddup now....

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

the thing that gets me is,,, you spend 60 mil for a qb otf and the best you do to protect him is get two castoff lineman for one late round pick.Albert seems tobe the only one that is a keeper.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I hope with everything within me that you are correct; I would never, ever be so happy, then, to eat crow.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The Chiefs played well enough to win this game if only they did not make mistakes.
    That's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one. The only way you win game is to make few, if any, mistakes. I guess the players forgot Herm's "You play to win the game" speech. Makes me happy to know I don't have to see that retard on the field anymore. I hope some day he becomes a coach again and we play his team and destroy them. That would be sweet revenge.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    That's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one. The only way you win game is to make few, if any, mistakes. I guess the players forgot Herm's "You play to win the game" speech. Makes me happy to know I don't have to see that retard on the field anymore. I hope some day he becomes a coach again and we play his team and destroy them. That would be sweet revenge.
    I'm all for Herm coaching any of the other three AFC West teams.

I can say our o-line sucks still. Our offence cant do crap..we are losing the winnable games just like the last 2 years..
    On the bright side. Charles is looking great. our defence didnt give up a run more then 8 yards (huge improvement) Our corners are studs but we are too loose with our zones, there are far to many play in the middle of our zone.
    hali is looking like a stud!!Lelie i think will produce more then engram.
    I'd like to see what Charles could do as a full time starter.
    Our punk/Kick off return will be the death of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!