Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something tells me...........

Default Something tells me...........

Something is telling me that Pioli is going to work some of that magic and get in a new RT through a trade. I think after last nights showing, that this is going to be a pressing issue going forward.

Jacksonville wants Thigpen, they have Eben Britton sitting on the bench. What about Thiggy and a sixth round pick for Britton?

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Jacksonville wants Thigpen, they have Eben Britton sitting on the bench. What about Thiggy and a sixth round pick for Britton?

Not a bad idea just hopefully Cassell is not hurt too bad

Thigpen and a 6th for Britton? I'd give Thigpen and a 3rd easily. Britton was a 2nd round draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I was(a lot of us were) saying it then(draft) O LINE O LINE O LINE hello? it ALL starts in the trenches.

HERE HERE, i was one of them shouting for Monroe to go with the third pick! Our line is getting better, but there is still a gaping hole on the right. if we would have got an O line man in the draft, then we would be sitting a lot better for now, and in the future. oh well, a team with a lot of needs, needs lots.

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    HERE HERE, i was one of them shouting for Monroe to go with the third pick! Our line is getting better, but there is still a gaping hole on the right. if we would have got an O line man in the draft, then we would be sitting a lot better for now, and in the future. oh well, a team with a lot of needs, needs lots.
    The argument that many gave was that it would be too much money to give a right tackle. As good as Jackson looks like he's going to be, he's not going to help us protect our 83 million dollar quarterback.

I still think Eugene Monroe would have been a better pick no matter the cost because you can't put a price on giving your QB time to throw and your backs room to run through.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    While I wish we could get that for Britton I seriously doubt that'd even be close enough in an offer to acquire him. My guess is they'd want Thiggy and a 3rd if not the 2nd from Atl that we got for Gonzo. Would love to see Britton here though, that'd pretty well shore up our o-line for a very long time.

I think now is the time to start speculating. I think by this time next week there will be at least a few additions (2-3) to the 53 man roster.

I'd give Thigpen and the Gonzo 2nd for Britton for sure at this point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123