Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassel's status for week 1 in jeopardy

Default Cassel's status for week 1 in jeopardy

Chiefs QB Cassel could miss opener - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Quarterback Matt Cassel(notes) could miss two to four weeks with a strained medial collateral ligament in his right knee, a source within the Kansas City Chiefs organization said.

Cassel, who the Chiefs acquired in a trade with New England this offseason, was hurt Saturday night in an exhibition game against Seattle. The injury is not expected to require surgery because MCL injuries usually heal on their own.

However, the injury means Cassel could miss the Chiefs’ season opener at Baltimore. If Cassel can’t play, Tyler Thigpen(notes) is expected to start the season. Thigpen, who had been the subject of trade rumors earlier this week, played in 14 games last season when the Chiefs went through injuries at quarterback. He finished the season with 18 touchdown passes, 12 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 76.0.

Cassel also suffered an ankle injury, but that was not considered as serious as the MCL injury.

And the beat goes on...

Just great, absolutely great.

Seriously !? Whay do we pay the guy then he gets hurt ! I think it is aploy though I mean you never know but I watched the game and it didnt look that bad but who knows..........

Thats why I hate how contracts work.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

already a rough start this sucks

Man, I still remember the play calling sequence that led up to it. We just had two very successful runs and Chan was thinking that we could nail them with the play-action.

Seattle's defensive coordinator anticipated the play-action and sent a blitz. Since the play-action takes a bit longer to develop and the blitzer had a free ride to the QB, it was easy for him to get there. The unfortunate part was that he tackled Cassel the way he did. I still think if Chan didn't call for the play-action so early, it could've been avoided.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

And the Karma comes back around to the Queefs......

You may have destroyed Brady's season last season but now your starting QB gets kneecapped as well. Then again, you had no chance even with Cassel

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefTheQueef View Post
    And the Karma comes back around to the Queefs......

You may have destroyed Brady's season last season but now your starting QB gets kneecapped as well. Then again, you had no chance even with Cassel
    Troll harder.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Also; read harder. Think harder.
    If you're dumb enough to think this is some cosmic juju for "taking out" Tom Brady, then I guess that speaks volumes for your character.

Additionally, if you had actually stopped to read the article, you'd notice that this isn't a season ending injury as it was for Brady.

Way to double FAIL, Queef.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast